Trekking Nepal in July-August

Posted by in Trekking and Climbing 2016-10-21 10:42:11

Hi everyone!

In July it is my first trip to Nepal and I would love to do a trekking. I arrive in Kathmandu with my friend on July 19th and we are staying till August 7th. I am aware of the fact that the period we are visiting Nepal isn't the best time to do a trekking but I was wondering if any of you have experience in what kind of group trekkings there are possible for a duration of 8 to 10 days that we could fit in our time frame? We are currently looking at the Langtang trekking, would this be an option for us?

Thanks you guys for your input!

9 replies

Displaying 1-9 of 9 result(s).
  • Ram Gautam
    Langtang trek as well as Ghandruk ghorepani-poonhill trek( on the Annapurna Region) can be the other best option for you to trek in Nepal within 8-10 days.
  • Trek Nepal Int\'l PVT.LTD
    Dear Nadia,

Well, we have some clients who have done Jomsom Muktinath Trekking during this time. This trek is best recommend than Langtang Valley Trek. You should be aware that mountain view will be unpredictable, leeches abundant and trails will be slippery. Therefore, you should trek with guide.

Itinerary for above is below:

Day 1: Kathmandu – Pokhara by bus (7 hours)
    Day 2: Pokhara – Jomosom (2713m) by plane – Kagbeni in 4 ½ hours.
    Day 3: Kagbeni to Muktinath in 3 hours.
    Day 4: Muktinath to Marpha in 6 hours.
    Day 5: Marpha to Ghasa in 6 hours.
    Day 6: Trek to Tatopani (hot-spring) in 5 hours.
    Day 7: Trek to Shikha in 5 hours.
    Day 8: Trek to Ghorepani in 4 hours.
    Day 9: Trek to Poonhill for sunrise view, (45 minutes up & 30 minutes down) Trek to Tadapani in 5 hours.
    Day 10: Trek to Ghandruk in 4 hours.
    Day 11: Trek to Tolka in 5 hours.
    Day 12: Trek to Dhampus Phedi in 4 hours (1,650m) drive to Pokhara. (30 minutes)

Further if you have any queries, please feel free to share us.

Thank you & Regards,
    Trek Nepal.
  • Mira
    Dear Nadia

Iam authorized and experienced trekking guide in Nepal. If you want to trek Langtang please contact me.
  • Shambhu
    Dear Nadia,
    You are more then welcome to visit Nepal. Nepal is the most visited unique country in-terms of it's Bio-diversity, gorgeous mountain with multi culture. You know the latest earthquake take away Langtang valley, where more then 500 citizen lost the life. so we would not like to recommended in the are for your safety.
    I am a authorized register guide of Nepal. I started my Carrier form international company. In the day i myself organized varieties trips in Nepal. So if you wanna know more information then please feel free to contact my mail address at or
    visit my facebook page
  • Abayango Tours
    If anyone wants to worship the real beauty of The divine Nepal,just visit . Trekking in nepal can be more fun by referring this website. I just surfed through this site and their info had helped me to take the full joy of nepal...Luv nepal and luv goasianjourney
  • AboutNepal
    useful information..
  • sarathijibanV5x
    Poon Hill Trek is a short trekking route that covers many areas of Annapurna circuit. The trek leads to Poon Hill and hence the trek is named as the PoonHill Trek. Annapurna has been listed as one of best trekking routes in the world and it comes as no surprise that the trekking route attracts a huge number of tourists, domestic and international, every year. The towering mountains, the high hills and the great secnery in offer pulls many trekkers to this pristine region of natural beauty. Besides the breathtaking vistas of the Himalayan mountain range including Mount Dhaulagiri (8167m), Annapurna I (8091m), Mount Machhepuchhre (6998m), Nilgiri(7041m), Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna II (7939m), Annapurna III (7555m) and Tukuche (6920m), Poon Hill Trek provides trekkers with the opportunity to intermingle with the local villagers and their lifestyle. - See more at:
  • Sudip Bhatta
    Hey, Nadia!!!

You are most welcome to visit Nepal. According to your question, we will able to help you for langtang trekking.
    Please feel free to contact us.

Himalaya Thunder Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd.
    GPO Box: 19341, jyatha, Thamel, Ktm, Nepal
    Phone: +977 - 9841816439
    +977 1 4382369 (Office)

• Nepal Planet
    Holiday in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan
    Nepal Planet Treks and Expeditions focuses on exceptional customer support and service at value-for-money costs.
    We offer personally customized itineraries and activities tailored to the requirements of the client.
    Specializing in organizing tours, trekking, mountain expeditions, peak climbing, rafting, paragliding, bungee jumping, cycling and sightseeing in Nepal, we are your best choice for your trip to this wonderful country
    The friendly team members of Nepal Planet Treks and Expeditions consist of highly experienced adventure travel and mountain experts with high levels of practical knowledge about all that Nepal has to offer the visitor.
    Contact us with your requirements and we will have pleasure in sending you an ideal itinerary with costing.
    We make sure that you will get the most wonderful time of your life when you travel with Nepal Planet Treks…we promise you.
{{agReviews.ratings.rating>4?'Excellent':agReviews.ratings.rating>3?'Very Good':agReviews.ratings.rating>2?'Average':agReviews.ratings.rating>2?'Poor':'Very poor'}}
For {{review.productt.trip_title}}
{{}} From {{}} At