Argentina: Desert +Falls or Mountains - Argentina - 2020-Apr-22- Bookmundi.com Bookmundi

Argentina: Desert +Falls or Mountains

Posted by in Argentina 2020-04-25 10:04:47

So a couple months ago, I found a steal of a deal on a flight to Argentina in late Nov (11/18-12/1), 2020 and booked it. Now obviously it's somewhat in question if I'll still get to go or if I'll have to postpone. But I do plan to go one way or the other. I have 12 days on the ground and need some advice on which parts of the country to visit this time around.

I (32F) will probably be traveling solo. I'm in it for the nature, and I enjoy easy hikes/walks, but I'm not going to be climbing any mountains.

I plan to spend 3 days in BA plus a day trip to Uruguay, leaving me 8 days for other spots.

I see two possible scenarios for this trip in terms of places to visit outside of BA. I'm trying to minimize travel time between destinations and avoid having to fly back to BA for layovers, which is somewhat limiting my options.

Scenario 1 - Desert + Jungle: Visit the Salta region, renting a car and driving to see the salt flats, Tilcara, Quebrada de Humahuaca, etc. Then visit Iguazu Falls.

Scenario 2 - Mountains: visit El Calafate, Chalten and Bariloche. (Also the more expensive option, I think)

In a perfect world, Iguazu and El Calafate would be my top picks, but I don't see that as being practical since they're at opposite ends of the country and I do plan to come to Argentina at some point to see more of the country.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, advice and suggestions!

1 reply

Displaying 1-1 of 1 result(s).
  • ElliottAugust
    So a couple months ago, I found a steal of a deal on a flight to Argentina in late Nov (11/18-12/1), 2020 and booked it. Now obviously it's somewhat in question if I'll still get to go or if I'll have to postpone. But I do plan to go one way or the other. I have 12 days on the ground and need some advice on which parts of the country to visit this time around.

I (32F) will probably be traveling solo. I'm in it for the nature, and I enjoy easy hikes/walks, but I'm not going to be climbing any mountains. https://shareit.onl/ https://appvn.onl/

agreed!!