- Get VIP access to the Accademia at night for very special viewing of Michelangelo's David
- See the world-famous cathedral, the Duomo di Firenze, from outside and stop by Baptistry
- See the most iconic sites like the Piazza della Repubblica and the Ponte Vecchio bridge
- Learn the stories behind the incredible facades of Palazzo Vecchio and Orsanmichele Church
This tour is available on Tuesdays and starts at 7:00pm. While most people are winding down we embark on a very special entrance into the Accademia Gallery. Inside you’ll be treated to an audience with Michelangelo’s David without any of the usual crowds that fill the Accademia during the day. Also on display are his partially-finished Slaves which offer a unique insight into how he turned jagged rock into the beautiful, life-like figures of his sculptures. You’ll also hear stories of Leonardo Da Vinci and the powerful Medici family whose patronage made Florence one of the hot beds of the Renaissance art world.
Next we’ll stop outside the Florence Duomo to gasp at Brunelleschi’s colossal dome and hear the story of how he had to re-learn lost architectural knowledge in order to design and build it. We’ll also stop in front of the Baptistery to admire the stunning bronze doors called the Gates of Paradise, and learn the story of the cut-throat competition that produced them.
After the Duomo we’ll take to the streets to see some of Florence’s iconic landmarks by the light of the stars, including the titanic Palazzo Vecchio, the statues of the Orsanmichele church, the Pizza della Repubblica and Piazza della Signoria, the Porcellino pig (rub his nose for good luck!) and of course, Italy’s most picturesque bridge, the Ponte Vecchio which is never more alluring than it is at night..
As you walk, the sites will come to life with the stories told by your expert English-speaking guide. In an intimate group of 15 or fewer people you will have plenty of time to ask questions and learn about the incredible history of this unforgettable city from the ground up.
- Guided Florence walking tour
- Skip-the-line tickets to Florence Accademia (David)
- Small groups (max. 15 people)
- Expert guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or d