- Discover lesser-known masterpieces by Cimabue, Duccio, and Giotto
- Feast your eyes on Renaissance classics like Botticelli’s ‘Primavera’ and ‘Birth of Venus'
- Investigate the far-reaching influence of the Renaissance in the works of later masters
- Don’t just look at art, get the story and context behind it from you expert local guide
The tour, like the museum, is chronological, so after skipping the (always long) entrance lines your expert, English-speaking guide will introduce you to early Renaissance masterworks from Cimabue, Duccio, and Giotto. Through their paintings you’ll learn to distinguish the styles and techniques that created a revolution in the visual arts.
Next it’s on to classics of the High Renaissance, like Botticelli’s ‘Primavera’ and ‘Birth of Venus’. You’ll see the progression of artistic techniques, and revel in the explosion of color and perspective. But it’s not all art theory; you’ll learn about the incredible personalities and bitter rivalries of some of the biggest stars of the day like Raphael, Michelangelo, and Leonardo da Vinci.
Finally, see the artistic legacy of the Renaissance in works from later masters like Titian and Caravaggio. When you have seen what comes before you’ll be able to view their paintings in an entirely new light!
This is more than just a tour, it’s a voyage through time that will make you appreciate all that it took to bring the visual arts out of the dark ages and into the modern world.
In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have unparalleled access to your expert, English-speaking, guide. With plenty of time to ask all those questions that you can’t find in books. This is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the fascinating world of art history.
- All inclusive, skip-the-line tickets to the Uffizi Art Museum
- Expert Local Guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.