- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Walk the classic rolling hills of Tuscany accompanied by the publisher of Canadian Geographic, Gilles Gagnier.
- Explore the historic streets of Florence.
- Enjoy famous wines at the Wine School of Siena.
- Spend nights in a converted farmhouse.
Immerse yourself in the flavors and history of Italy’s famous Chianti region with this sojourn through renaissance cities, mediaeval villages and cypress-lined avenues snaking through vineyards. Accompanied by the publisher of the award-winning magazine Canadian Geographic, Gilles Gagnier, you’ll have the opportunity to sample several varieties of the world-renowned Chianti and learn about the process that goes into making the wine.Enjoy gentle walks through rolling olive groves and vineyards straight out of a postcard, then learn about Italian wines at the Wine School of Siena. Spend a day exploring the historical sites of Florence, from museums and galleries to churches and archaeological delights. Throw on a chef’s hat and perfect your Italian cooking skills with an optional culinary class and explore the medieval towers and 13th century walls of San Gimignano. Visit the UNESCO-listed Siena which has remained virtually unchanged since the 17th Century. Finish each day at a family-run farmhouse where you can enjoy homemade meals and locally produced wine – the perfect way to relax after a day of sightseeing.
Day 1: Arrival in Florence.
Day 2: Discover the magnificent city of Florence and afternoon transfer to Villa
Casalta for the rest of the stay.
Day 3: Visit medieval market town of Greve in Chianti and the hilltop village of
Montefioralle; afternoon wine tasting in Castellina.
Day 4: Travel to Siena and explore the stunning historic centre; learn about Tuscan
and Italian wines at the Wine School.
Day 5: Free day to visit other Chianti villages or relax by the pool.
Day 6: Walk to Radda in Chianti, the heart of the Chianti area.
Day 7: Walk to picturesque San Gimignano with free time to explore Palazzo Comunale,
Pinacoteca and Torre Grossa.
Day 8: Free day
Day 9: Departure
- 1 night hotel and 7 nights renovated farmhouse with panoramic swimming pool , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 dinners, 3 wine tastings
- All transport and listed activities
- 5 days gentle walking and sightseeing
- Low altitude throughout
- Centre-based holiday
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Florence are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this RCGS: Italy's Chianti Walking & Wine with Gilles Gagnier tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 70 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 18 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
RCGS: Italy's Chianti Walking & Wine with Gilles Gagnier tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this RCGS: Italy's Chianti Walking & Wine with Gilles Gagnier tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.