- Visit a local, familyrun pizzeria
- Make your very own traditional pizza alongside a local pizza maker
- Learn about (and top your pie with) some of the freshest, local ingredients
- Pair your pizza with a local craft beer brewed just 20 minutes from Florence
Pizza lovers rejoice! This is your chance to enjoy the morning at a local pizzeria. Learn the tricks of the trade from a pizzaiuolo, a trained pizza maker at a family-run spot we love, and then build your very own pie. Once your masterpiece is fresh out of the oven, it’s time to dig in and enjoy some pizza with a local craft beer brewed just 20 minutes from Florence. If that’s not a perfect food and drink combination, we don’t know what is!
You’ll meet your pizzaiuolo, a trained pizza maker, at a family run pizzeria in the heart of Florence, just minutes from the Ponte Vecchio and Uffizi Gallery. Trust us, this place is a true local gem! Milena, the owner, is a passionate foodie who comes from a family of chefs, cooks and restauranteurs. As soon as we arrive, you’ll feel her warmth and passion for welcoming guests.
Milena only uses the best seasonal ingredients at her shop, and all of the toppings used are supplied by local farmers. Her finocchiona, a Tuscan salami made with pepper and fennel seeds, is one of the best in town!
This local pizzeria is where you’ll have the chance to enjoy a hands-on experience making your own pizza, including learning to form the dough into a circular shape, adding the toppings you prefer, and putting your pizza into the oven.
The base of this typical pizza is mozzarella made with buffalo or cows milk from the south of the Amalfi Coast in a town called Paestum (known for the best mozzarella in the world), tomatos grown around the foothills of Vesuvius, and basil from Naples.
Once your pizza is in the oven, it will take just minutes to cook thanks to the high temperature oven used. These special ovens are made in Genova from a natural stone material, and are designed to ensure the perfect temperature for your pizza.
And if all that pizza wasn’t enough, you’ll be pairing your pie with a local craft beer brewed just 20 minutes from Florence in the foothills of Chianti. Tuscan craft beer is made with ingredients from the region, including spelt, barley and malt. It’s typical in Italy to enjoy pizza with beer (but we have Italian soda on hand for kids or non-drinkers).
At the end of the tour, bellies full of pizza and heads full of pizza-making knowledge, feel free to ask your guide for recommendations on what else to see, do (and eat) in Florence.
- Local English-speaking guide
- All ingredients to make a full pizza
- 1 glass of craft beer or 1 glass of wine
- Soda and fruit juice provided for kids.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 67 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Florence Pizza Making and Craft Beer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Florence Pizza Making and Craft Beer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Piazza della Repubblica in front of the Column. Meeting end point : Piazza Della Repubblica