- See all the tops sights in Florence in a single, unforgettable day
- Skip the line: the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David and the unfinished slaves
- Skip the line: the Duomo di Firenze and the Uffizi Museum
- See Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza della Signoria, and the Ponte Vecchio
Start your day by meeting the most famous marble sculpture in history - Michelangelo’s incomparable David. You’ll skip the long lines at the Accademia Gallery and walk straight into a life-changing masterclass on the sculpture. Think you know it because you’ve seen it a thousand times in pictures? Think again: David holds secrets you can only understand when you see him in person and in the company of one of our expert, English-speaking guides. You’ll also get to see Michelangelo’s unfinished ‘Slaves,’ and, with the help of your guide, get new insights into his tortured artistic process.
Next you’ll head to another stone structure that changed world history - Florence Duomo. As you admire the Dome from outside and inside (skipping the insanely long line) you’ll hear the story of how its architect Brunelleschi recovered lost knowledge and expanded the realm of what was deemed humanly possible all in his pursuit of building it.
After a quick stop at the doors of the baptistery to admire the Ghiberti’s masterworks (which Brunelleschi was insanely jealous of), you will dive into the beautiful streets of Florence to learn some of the rich history of the city. From the outdoor sculpture gallery of the Piazza della Signoria to the characters sculpted along the walls of Orsanmichele church, the history of Florence will be brought to life one sculpture and building at a time.
After a two-hour break for lunch (not included in the price of your tour, but your guide will show you the very best spots to eat) you’ll reconvene at the doors of the Uffizi, Italy’s most popular art museum and one of the greatest collections of art in the world.
Your route, like the museum, will be chronological. After skipping the entrance lines your expert, English-speaking guide will introduce you to early Renaissance masterworks from Cimabue, Duccio, and Giotto. Through their paintings you’ll learn to distinguish the styles and techniques that created a revolution in the visual arts.
Next it’s on to classics of the High Renaissance, like Botticelli’s ‘Primavera’ and ‘Birth of Venus’. You’ll see the progression of artistic techniques, and revel in the explosion of color and perspective. But it’s not all art theory; you’ll learn about the incredible personalities and bitter rivalries of some of the biggest stars of the day like Raphael, Michelangelo, and Leonardo da Vinci.
Finally, you’ll see the artistic legacy of the Renaissance in works from later masters like Titian and Caravaggio. When you have seen what comes before you’ll be able to view their paintings in an entirely new light!
This is more than just a tour, it’s a voyage through time that will make you appreciate all that it took to bring the visual arts out of the dark ages and into the modern world. In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have unparalleled access to your expert, English-speaking, guide. With plenty of time to ask all those questions that you can’t find in books, this is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Renaissance art.
- Skip the line tickets for Florence Duomo
- Skip the line access tickets for the Accademia Gallery
- Skip the line tickets for the Uffizi Gallery
- Headsets when necessary
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Transfer inbetween tours
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Note: We advise our clients that the Cathedral of Florence is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Cathedral from the outside and extra highlights of the city center. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
● Please remember that the Duomo (Cathedral) is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.