- Take in the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the Market of San’Ambrogio
- Savor a selection of Tuscan cured meats like fennel salami and wild boar
- Taste some of Florence’s best wines and snacks, including olives, crostini and many more
- Sample local cheeses and indulge in a cold gelato
Next you’ll be introduced to the humble origins of Florentine food with their traditional cucina povera or “peasant food”. You guide will teach you how the history of Florence shaped this type of cuisine before giving you a chance to try some, but beware: dishes like lampredotto, a favorite food made from cow’s stomach, aren’t for everyone - we’ll leave it up to you whether you’d like to try or not.
We move from famine to feast as we dive into the sensory banquet that is Sant’Ambrogio Market – where Florence’s locals and chefs come to do their daily shopping. As we wander the teaming stalls, stepping in and out of the best local food stores, you’ll taste a variety of Tuscan delicacies from cured meats like finocchiona (fennel salami) and cinghiale (boar) to cheeses like the world-famous pecorino.
We hope you still have room in your stomach because the tour finishes at a local trattoria where you will sample some of the city’s finest primi (starters) before topping it all off with coffee and a gelato.
As part of a group of 12 or fewer you will have plenty of time and access to quiz your expert foodie guide on everything you want to know about Tuscan food. The guide will also offer you advice on when, where and how to eat in Florence so you won’t just eat well during the tour, you’ll eat like a local for the rest of your trip too!
- All tastings, including food, wine & gelato
- Expert Walks of Italy tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.