- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stroll around some of the prettiest neighbourhoods in Florence with a local by your side
- Taste a typical local red wine, such as Chianti, taste a more modern Tuscan wine and enjoy our favourite Italian cocktail
- Taste an array of Italian delights, including Tuscan prosciutto, pecorino cheese, bruschetta, crostini, and pizza squares
- Learn about the ritual of aperitivo and its importance as a predinner ritual in everyday Italian life
Experience the oh so Italian pre-dinner drinks ritual aperitivo, the Florentine way, with a glass of local red Chianti (or a Negroni) and a plate of delectable Tuscan snacks. We’ll try three different versions of aperitivo as we explore some of Florence’s best neighbourhoods and drop in on our favourite wine bars and cocktail establishments. Did someone say wine o’ clock?!
Enjoy a late afternoon stroll around town to learn about the ritual of aperitivo and its importance as a pre-dinner ritual in everyday Italian life.
We will stop at three locations in the historical centre, with our first stop being at a local bar/gourmet store. This is a family run eatery that is packed with locals during the day enjoying Mariano's panini and delicious cold starters. The owner is known for his white truffle paste made with 90% white truffle. Enjoy a glass of Nobile di Montepulciano with Tuscan prosciutto and pecorino cheese.
We will then continue down the Via dei Tornabuoni to a local wine bar where the owners have been producing wine for over 30 generations. We will pass by their private palace just metres away from the bar to check out their ancient take-away wine door. We have around 25 historical wine doors around the city centre where at one time, you could purchase your flask of Chianti wine after hours. Enjoy a glass of Chardonnay or an excellent bold Tuscan red with petit panino.
Our third and final stop will be to savour (and learn about) Italian mixology and enjoy a cocktail. The historical cocktail of Florence is a Negroni, although you can choose from a sensational selection while enjoying some snacks and the ambience of this elegant bar. Your tour ends here, but before you go, don't forget to ask your local guide about where else to eat and drink in Florence.
- Local English-speaking guide
- All tastings and samples as per itinerary.
- Items of a personal nature and tips and gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Florence Aperitivo Time Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Florence Aperitivo Time Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Florence Aperitivo Time Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Piazza della Repubblica in front of the Tall marble column situated in front of Gill Cafe & Rinascente Department Store.Meeting end point :
Piazza della Repubblica in front of the Tall marble column situated in front of Gill Cafe & Rinascente Department Store.