- Skip the line: the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David and the unfinished slaves
- Visit Florence’s world-famous cathedral; the Duomo di Firenze, designed by Brunelleschi
- See Florence’s most iconic sites like the Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza della Signoria
- Learn the stories behind the incredible facades of the Palazzo Vecchio
We’ll start by skipping the line at the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David, as well as his partially-finished Slaves; for a unique insight into how he turned jagged rock into the beautiful, lifelike figures of his sculptures. You’ll also hear stories of Leonardo Da Vinci and the powerful Medici family whose patronage made Florence one of the hot beds of the Renaissance art world.
Next we’ll visit Florence Duomo to gasp at the painted interior of Brunelleschi’s famous dome and to hear the story of how he had to re-learn lost architectural knowledge in order to design and build it. We’ll also stop off at the Baptistery to admire the stunning golden Gates of Paradise, and learn the story of the cut-throat competition that produced them.
After the Duomo you’ll take to the streets to see some of Florence’s iconic landmarks including the titanic Palazzo Vecchio, the statues of the Orsanmichele church, the Pizza della Repubblica and Piazza della Signoria, the Porcellino pig (rub his nose for good luck!) and of course, Italy’s most picturesque bridge, the Ponte Vecchio.
As you walk the sites will come to life with the stories told by your expert, English speaking guide. In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have plenty of time to ask questions and learn about the incredible history of this unforgettable city from the ground up.
- Guided Florence walking tour
- Skip the line tickets to Florence Accademia (David)
- Skip the line tickets to Florence Duomo
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Note: We advise our clients that the Cathedral of Florence is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Cathedral from the outside and extra highlights of the city center.
● Please remember that the Duomo (Cathedral) is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress
For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.