Fiji - Travel Highlights and Travel Tips
- Surf Cloudbreak, Fiji’s most famous wave just off the Tavarua and Namotu islands
- Explore the archipelago by jet ski
- Visit the colourful Sri Siva Subramaniya temple
- Go sky diving over the Mamanuca islands
- Swim with Manta Rays
- Take a mud bath at the Sabeto Hot Springs
- Chances are most of your visit to Fiji will be spent in the water. Be sure to pack plenty of
swimwear, some waterproof footwear, and consider bringing your own snorkel gear for
impromptu dips beneath the surface.
- Be prepared to leave some of your comforts at home. Many of Fiji’s islands are unequipped for
hot water and flushing toilets, even at some top resorts. But let’s be honest - the gorgeous
scenery makes up for it.
- Don’t be alarmed if you see Fijians walking around carrying machetes. This is a very common site
in the country as they’re used to chop away vegetation across the islands - and to open coconuts!
- Time in Fiji seems to stand still and, as such, you won’t find much of anything resembling a
schedule in the country. You eat when you’re hungry and your activities are dictated by the tides. Leave your watch at home and just go with the flow.
- When choosing seafood as your meal of choice, avoid reef fish like moray eel and sea bass. Reef
fish feed off coral, which means they’re sometimes infected by toxic blooms. Stick to deep water
fish, like tuna and marlin.