- Cross the vast Sahara Desert
- Discover Africa's best kept secrets and pristine beaches in Sierra Leone
- Visit a fetish market to see the still thriving religion of Voodoo
- Trek in search of wild chimpanzees in Bossou near the Liberia border
- Travel through some of the densest jungles and toughest terrains
- Climb the active volcano Mount Cameroon
- Game drive by day and relax at floodlit water holes by night in Etosha National Park
- Explore the area of Sossusvlei home to some of the world's highest sand dunes
- Discover the enormity of Victoria Falls
- Take a 4x4 safari through the Ngorongoro Crater an
- Show more
This epic expedition through Africa encompasses all the incredible landscapes, culture & wildlife you could imagine. From the harshness of the Sahara desert, the dense jungles of central Africa and the amazing wildlife of East Africa, the varied landscapes and cultures that make up this continent will leave an indelible mark on you forever. There will be times when it will be extremely tough - harsh terrains, bad roads and extremes of weather, but it will all be worth it! You will discover a continent most travellers only dream of - whilst having the experience of a lifetime!
Day 1-8 : Uk To Fes
Day 9-24 : Fes To Western Sahara
Day 25-34 : Western Sahara To Dakar
Day 35-56 : Dakar To Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 57-78 : Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary To Accra
Day 79-86 : Accra To Lome
Day 87 - 107 : Lome To Limbe
Day 108-124 : Limbe To Congo
Day 125-133 : Congo To Mitadi
Day 134-144 : Mitadi To Namibian Border
Day 145-163 : Namibia To Cape Town
Day 164-169 : Cape Town
Day 170-178 : Cape Town To Free State
Day 179-185 : Free State To Johannesburg
Day 186-194 : Johannesburg To Victoria Falls
Day 195-206 : Victoria Falls To Harare
Day 207-213 : Harare To Lake Malawi
Day 214-220 : Lake Malawi To Zanzibar Back To Dar Es Saalam
Day 221-228 : Dar Es Salaam To Nairobi
Day 229 : Nairobi
Day 230-238 : Nairobi To Kampala
Day 239-246 : Kampala To Jinga
Day 247-255 : Jinga To Addis Ababa
Day 256-262 : Addis Ababa To Bahidar
Day 263-271 : Bahidar To Sudan
Day 272-278 : Khartoum To Wadi Halfa
Day 279-285 : Wadi Halfa To Luxor
Day 286-293 : Luxor To Cairo
- Accommodation - approx. 95% camping & 5% simple hostel/hotels
- 4 nights accommodation on Zanzibar
- Meals - approx. 65%
- Return ferry to Zanzibar
- Lake Nasser Ferry
- All transport on Oasis Expedition Truck
- All road tolls and ferry crossings
- Guided tour of Fes
- Guided tour of Volubilis
- Services of Oasis Crew
- Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary
- Trek to see wild Chimpanzees in Guinea
- Entry into Yamoussoukro's Notre-Dame de la Paix, the world's largest basilica
- Entry into Cape Coast Castle
- Kakum National Park canopy walk
- Boat trip to Ganvie Stilt Village
- Etosha National Park
- Cape Cross Seal Colony
- Cheetah Park
- Spitzkoppe Rock formations
- Sossusvlei Sand Dunes
- Fish River Canyon
- Stony Point Penguin Colony
- Cape Agulhas
- Cango Calcite Caves
- Ostrich farm
- Garden Route
- Addo Elephant National Park - Game drive
- Drakensburg Mountains
- Royal Natal National Park
- Chobe National Park
- Overnight sleeper train Vic. Falls to Bulawayo (if available)
- Private Game Ranch
- Lake Malawi village walk
- Mikumi National Park
- Marangu - the foothills of Mt Kilimanjaro
- Lake Nakuru National Park and game drive
- Lake Naivasha
- Entry into Meroe Pyramids
- Red Sea Coast
- Pyramids & Sphinx day tour
- Camping and Cooking equipment
- Local Payment of USD 3550 (2022) or USD 3900 (2023) or USD 4100 (2024) payable at the start of the trip
- Flight from UK to Gibraltar/Malaga
- 6 day lay-over costs in Cape Town
- Gorilla Trekking Permits (bookable as an Add on)
- Optional Excursions as listed in the Pre-Departure Information
- Airport Taxes & Transfers
- Travel Insurance
- Meals - approx. 35%
- Drinks, snacks and personal expenses
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uk To Cairo (42 Weeks) Trans Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 October 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 October 2022, a deposit of 243 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uk To Cairo (42 Weeks) Trans Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uk To Cairo (42 Weeks) Trans Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.
- 'Mini-bubbles' will be created on board the truck in Overland Tours for extra hygiene and infection control. Travelers may be required to take regular PCR tests before crossing borders between countries.
- It is highly recommended that all travelers are fully vaccinated before the tour.