- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration days
- tour type Group Tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle along Croatia's spectacular Istrian Peninsula
Istria, often referred to as Croatia’s Tuscany, is simply idyllic for a week-long cycling holiday. This self-guided route gives you the freedom to explore the area's treasure trove of antiquities at your own pace. The amphitheatre in Pula and the UNESCO sites of Rovinj and Porec give a distinctly cultural edge to this relaxed cycling itinerary. The hotels offer local charm, all close to the seafront so you can enjoy the atmosphere of the harbours and sunsets over the sea.
The bikes were very good and well equipped. Istria is a lovely place. The food was very good, particularly the seafood, as you'd expect. The wine was also very good too.
I was a little disappointed by the cycling, I think if you are a regular cyclist on British roads it won't faze you, but I'm used to quiet road and cycle path cycling. About 1/2 the trip is on roads, some of which are quiet, but others have fast traffic and are quite busy. I managed it, but it did mean some of it wasn't as relaxing as I thought it would be. Others doing the same trip, who were more used to road cycling, thought the traffic was fine, so don't let that put you off.
The scenery around Porec , and the final day's cycling was lovely, and on paths and quiet roads. Other days were more mixed, with the towns rather than the cycling being the highlight.”
Circular warm up ride to Pula; visit the beautifully preserved Roman amphitheatre.
Cycle inland to Vodnjan village brimming with architectural treats; return to Fazana.
Picturesque rural riding to Bale; visit its Roman castle; then on to Rovinj.
Free day to explore Rovinj, swimming in the sea or do a short ride north.
Pedal inland to Lim Fjord with panoramic view point; cycle back along the coast to Porec.
Visit the UNESCO heritage Basilica of Euphrasius. Follow remote coastal cycle tracks; then loop back to Porec.
- All breakfasts and 1 brunch
- All accommodation
- Luggage transfers
- Route notes and maps
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Fazana and from Porec are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Coastal Croatia: Pula to Porec Self-Guided - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Coastal Croatia: Pula to Porec Self-Guided - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Coastal Croatia: Pula to Porec Self-Guided - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.