- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Brandberg rock art
- Etosha National Park
This two week Namibia & Botswana tour offers the perfect introduction to these interesting and culturally unique countries. It’s the ideal mix of culture, wildlife, active adventure and fun nightlife.
Starting in Swakopmund the adventure capital on Namibia, we recommend you arrive early so that you can enjoy many fun options such as skydiving, sand boarding and quad biking. From here we head inland to visit the Himba people, semi-nomadic bushmen, easily recognisable by the distinctive red colour of their skin and hair. We continue on to the Etosha National Park, which boast an amazing abundance of wildlife making it one of Southern Africa's finest and most important game reserves. We spend plenty of time wildlife viewing before moving onto Namibia’s capital city Windhoek. After a short tour of the city we wave goodbye to Namibia and cross the border into Botswana.
Our first stop is at Ghanzi for a cultural evening of tribal song and dance from the San community. We then spend the next three days exploring the Okavango Delta. The Okavango Delta is the world’s largest inland delta, a labyrinth of lagoons, lakes and hidden channels covering 17 000 square km. We have plenty of time to explore this unique inland delta with nature walks and boat cruises. We finish our tour with a visit to Bostwana’s second largest wildlife reserve, the Chobe National Park, before crossing the border into Zimbabwe and our final destination the one and only Victoria Falls, crossroads of Africa.
Day 1 Swakopmund to Brandberg
Day 2 Brandberg White Lady rock painting
Day 3 Etosha National Park
Day 4 Etosha National Park
Day 5 Windhoek
Day 6 Botswana, Ghanzi
Day 7 To the Okavango Delta
Day 8 Okavango Delta Excursion
Day 9 Nata
Day 10 Chobe National Park
Day 11 Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls
Day 12 Victoria Falls
- 11 nights accommodation in hotels/lodges/guesthouses
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 9 dinners
- All transport in a 25-seat expedition vehicle
- 2 truck crew (driver/guide plus assistant/cook)
- Local guides for sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- All 'included highlights' as mentioned in the itinerary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees if required
- Activity Package, Okavango Delta upgrade and optional activities (see itinerary)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Entrance fees and activities not mentioned above
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 62+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Namibia & Botswana Uncovered tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 12 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Namibia & Botswana Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Namibia & Botswana Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.