- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Brandberg rock art
- Etosha National Park
This two week Namibia & Botswana tour offers the perfect introduction to these interesting and culturally unique countries. It’s the ideal mix of culture, wildlife, active adventure and fun nightlife.
Starting in Swakopmund the adventure capital on Namibia, we recommend you arrive early so that you can enjoy many fun options such as skydiving, sand boarding and quad biking. From here we head inland to visit the Himba people, semi-nomadic bushmen, easily recognisable by the distinctive red colour of their skin and hair. We continue on to the Etosha National Park, which boast an amazing abundance of wildlife making it one of Southern Africa's finest and most important game reserves. We spend plenty of time wildlife viewing before moving onto Namibia’s capital city Windhoek. After a short tour of the city we wave goodbye to Namibia and cross the border into Botswana.
Our first stop is at Ghanzi for a cultural evening of tribal song and dance from the San community. We then spend the next three days exploring the Okavango Delta. The Okavango Delta is the world’s largest inland delta, a labyrinth of lagoons, lakes and hidden channels covering 17 000 square km. We have plenty of time to explore this unique inland delta with nature walks and boat cruises. We finish our tour with a visit to Bostwana’s second largest wildlife reserve, the Chobe National Park, before crossing the border into Zimbabwe and our final destination the one and only Victoria Falls, crossroads of Africa.
The tour is available either based mainly on camping in traditional 2-person tents (which we provide together with camp beds), or as an upgraded 'accommodated' version where you sleep in lodges, hotels, or permanent camps (with proper beds & facilities). Details of each night's stay are given in the Facilities section of the daily itinerary. Pricing shown is based on camping - please contact us for prices to upgrade to the accommodated level.
Day 1 Swakopmund to Brandberg
Day 2 Brandberg White Lady rock painting
Day 3 Etosha National Park
Day 4 Etosha National Park
Day 5 Windhoek
Day 6 Botswana, Ghanzi
Day 7 To the Okavango Delta
Day 8 Okavango Delta Excursion
Day 9 Nata
Day 10 Chobe National Park
Day 11 Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls
Day 12 Victoria Falls
- 11 nights camping or accommodated in hotels/lodges/guesthouses (supplement applies)
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 9 dinners
- All transport in a 25-seat expedition vehicle
- 2 truck crew (driver/guide plus assistant/cook)
- Local guides for sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- All 'included highlights' as mentioned in the itinerary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees if required
- Activity Package, Okavango Delta upgrade and optional activities (see itinerary)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory
- 'Accommodated hotel upgrade' (hotels/lodges/permanent camps instead of camping)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Entrance fees and activities not mentioned above
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 73 today.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Namibia & Botswana Uncovered tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 March 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Namibia & Botswana Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Namibia & Botswana Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.