- Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Fly over worldfamous Lake Victoria
- Discover the Impenetrable Forest of Bwindi
- See Ugandan gorillas in their natural habitat
Fly from Entebbe to delve into the Impenetrable Forest of Bwindi, where you can observe majestic Ugandan gorillas in their natural habitat.
Day 1: Entebbe - Kihihi, Uganda
Day 2: Kihihi, Uganda
Day 3: Kihihi - Entebbe, Uganda
- Budget or superior eco-lodge
- 2 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 2 Dinner(s)
- Flights to/from Kihihi, Kihihi airport transfers
- Roundtrip flights Entebbe - Kihihi
- Kihihi airport transfers
- 1-day gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Gorilla permit
- Entebbe airport transfers
- Optional activities
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Gorrilla & Chimps Permits (They will be automatically included at check out as they are mandatory for the reservation of this package)
- -Before Apr 2020 Mandatory Gorilla Permit USD 630 After Apr 2020 Mandatory Gorilla Permit USD 735 -Before Apr 2020 Mandatory Chimps Permit USD 157.5 -After Apr 2020 Mandatory Chimps Permit USD 210
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 73 today.
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uganda Gorilla Safari Air-Expedition 3D/2N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 March 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uganda Gorilla Safari Air-Expedition 3D/2N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uganda Gorilla Safari Air-Expedition 3D/2N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
What to Bring:
- Walking shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Extra spending money for personal expenses during your trip: snacks, drinks, souvenirs, tips and souvenirs. As a general guideline we recommend budgeting US$10-15 per day.
Gorilla Trek Rules:
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to.
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas and cover your nose & mouth if you have to sneeze or cough.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
As in many areas where tourism is an important contributor to the economy it has become customary to offer a small gratuity to local staff at the end of the tour if service has been of a high standard. Naturally this always remains at your discretion.
Gorilla tracking in Bwindi can be challenging, and travellers need to be in shape.
Please be aware that you need to book for your Gorilla Safari at least 6 months (but no more than two years) in advance to ensure that requested dates are available for gorilla permits.
Yellow Fever Vaccine:
Please note that you are required to have an up-to-date yellow fever vaccine to travel in Uganda. You can arrange this in your home country and bring proof, or you can have the vaccine done in the airport upon arrival to Uganda for around US$40. Rules and restrictions are always changing, so please make sure to do your own research for vaccines and visas before arriving in Uganda.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols