- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Bird watching
- Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking
- Rainforest and jungle visits
- duration 13 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Uganda's best birdwatching destinations with expert local guides
- Track gorillas in Bwindi National Park
- Enjoy a safari and birdwatching excursion in Queen Elizabeth National Park
This tour begins in the town of Entebbe, from which you'll traverse south and west through Uganda’s savannahs, forests, woodlands, swamps, highlands, rivers and lakes. Important habitats to visit along the route include Mabamba Swamp, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale Forest, Lake Mburo, Mabira, Jinja and Bwindi.
Keep your eyes peeled for the vibrant feathers of the green-breasted pitta, the crooked smiles of shoebills and the majestic crests of the gray-crowned cranes, Uganda's national bird. What's more, Lake Mburo is the only place in Africa where you can easily see the aquatic African finfoot.
Yet, Uganda's birds are only half the story. In Kibale's Queen Elizabeth National Park, you'll observe chimpanzees, elephants, lion and buffalo. In Bwindi's Impenetrable Forest, you'll encounter the endangered mountain gorilla, while plains of long-horned cattle can be found in Ankole.
Uganda is the perfect wildlife-watching destination for serious ornithologists and birding enthusiasts. Start designing your dream birding itinerary for Uganda today, with the help of our African travel specialists.
Day 1: Arrival in Entebbe
Day 2: Mabamba Swamp, Kibale Forest
Day 3: Birding in Kibale Forest
Day 4: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 5: Safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 6: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 7: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 8: Birding in Bwindi
Day 9: Lake Mburo National Park
Day 10: Game Drives and Birding around Lake Mburo
Day 11: Transfer to Mabira Forest
Day 12: Transfer to Jinja
Day 13: Departure from Uganda
- 12 nights accommodation
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Private airport transfers
- Activities and transport as mentioned in full itineary
- Gorilla trekking permits
- National Park fees
- Private tours and wildlife watching excursions with local guides and wildlife experts
- International flights
- Travel insurance & visas
- Optional activities
- Earn US$ 341+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.