- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the colourful culture, along with beautiful forests and lakes, of the region
- Search for treeclimbing lions and other wildlife in the Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Track Mountain Gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Undertake a jungle trek to encounter chimpanzees in their natural habitat
Track mountain gorillas and chimps in the wild, and enjoy game viewing and bird watching in Queen Elizabeth National Park. Perfectly crafted for animal lovers with hikes into the natural habitats of the Mountain Gorilla and chimpanzees of Uganda, as well as a wide variety of other wildlife species, the highlights in this superb itinerary are numerous. Tracking the mountain gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park is an unequalled jungle trek experience culminating in the thrill of standing within metres of a family, often including the imposing male silverback. Uganda is also known for its colourful culture, lush forests, beautiful lakes and some of the best bird watching in Africa with over 1000 different species. We will enjoy game viewing in the scenic savannah plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park famous for its tree-climbing lions, and cruise along the tropical Kazinga Channel teeming with vast numbers of hippos and endemic birdlife. This trip showcases the diverse ecosystems of Uganda where East meets West, and is the perfect addition to any Africa itinerary.
Day 1 : Join Entebbe
Day 2 : Drive to Kibale National Park
Day 3 : Morning chimp trek, drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 4 : Morning game drive, afternoon Kazinga Channel boat cruise
Day 5 : Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, game drive in Ishasha enroute
Day 6 : Gorilla trek in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, drive to Lake Bunyonyi
Day 7 : Drive to Entebbe, trip concludes
- 1 night in 3 star hotel on a twinshare basis
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 7 only)
- English speaking local driver-guide
- Private transport in a 4wd safari vehicle with pop up roof
- 4 nights in 3 star safari lodge on a twinshare basis
- 1 night in 3 star permanent safari camp on a twinshare basis
- Game drives and excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park and conservation fees (including gorilla and chimp permits) valued at US$750
- Mineral water while on tour
- *payment is required for the Gorilla and Chimp permits at time of booking and is not refundable
- international airfares and airport taxes
- items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- meals not specified in the itinerary
- travel insurance (compulsory)
- optional activities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 112+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Primates and Wildlife of Uganda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Primates and Wildlife of Uganda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Primates and Wildlife of Uganda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.