Gorillas & Chimps Safari 7D/6N
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Young Adults
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-26696
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Track rare Gorillas at Bwindi Impenetrable N.P.
- Sleep to the sounds of the wild tropical rainforest
- Travel through the “Switzerland of Africa”
- Go trekking to see chimpanzees, birds and butterflies
Visit Uganda on a quest to meet the famous Mountain Gorillas. Not only will our expert guides take you to see these endangered creatures from close-up, but they will also take you to see Chimpanzees and other unique primates! Get ready for an unforgettable experience!
Day 1: Kampala- Kibale Forest, Uganda
Day 2: Kibale Forest, Uganda
Day 3: Kibale Forest - Kisoro, Uganda
Day 4: Kisoro - Nkuringo, Uganda
Day 5: Kisoro - Kampala, Uganda
- Camping & Hotel Accommodation
- - 2 Nights in Kibale Forest
- - 2 Nights in Kisoro
- 6 Breakfast(s),
- All transfers as per itinerary
- English speaking guide/driver throughout the trip
- Chimp Walk
- Bigodi Swamp Walk
- Gorilla tracking adventure
- Stop at the Equator
- Park entrance fees
- Bottled Water
- Airport Departure Tax
- Tips and Gratitude
- Food & Drinks (other than water)
- Personal Expenses
- Medical & Travel Insurance
- Accommodation in Entebbe / Kampala available to book
- Gorrilla & Chimps Permits (They will be automatically included at check out as they are mandatory for the reservation of this package) -Before Apr 2020 Mandatory Gorilla Permit USD 630 -After Apr 2020 Mandatory Gorilla Permit USD 735 -Before Apr 2020 Mandatory Chimps Permit USD 157.5 -After Apr 2020 Mandatory Chimps Permit USD 210
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 146 today.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas & Chimps Safari 7D/6N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 120 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 119 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 119 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorillas & Chimps Safari 7D/6N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas & Chimps Safari 7D/6N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
Gorilla tracking in Bwindi can be challenging, and travellers need to be in shape.
What to Bring:
- Walking shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Extra spending money for personal expenses during your trip: snacks, drinks, souvenirs, tips and souvenirs. As a general guideline we recommend budgeting US$10-15 per day.
Gorilla Trek Rules:
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to.
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas and cover your nose & mouth if you have to sneeze or cough.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
About the tour:
* You need to be a minimum of 2 people to book this tour.
*The information given on this page corresponds to the tour's "budget package". A more comfortable option is also available; please contact us for more details.
*Please note that the GREATER the group, the LOWER the price!!
*Please note that tents & mattresses are provided when staying at Kibale Forest Camp, but you will need to bring your own sleeping bag.
*You are going to see the animals in the wild so it is not a guarantee that you will see everything as mentioned in the itineraries
As in many areas where tourism is an important contributor to the economy it has become customary to offer a small gratuity to local staff at the end of the tour if service has been of a high standard. Naturally this always remains at your discretion.
Yellow Fever Vaccine:
Please note that you are required to have an up-to-date yellow fever vaccine to travel in Uganda. You can arrange this in your home country and bring proof, or you can have the vaccine done in the airport upon arrival to Uganda for around US$40. Rules and restrictions are always changing, so please make sure to do your own research for vaccines and visas before arriving in Uganda.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols