- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Track chimpanzees and other primates in Kibale Forest
- Search for the elusive tree climbing lions in Queen Elizabeth N.P.
- Spend a magical hour with Mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Discover just how friendly and hospitable the Ugandan people are
Uganda is renowned for its abundant wildlife. With landscapes ranging from savannah to lush forests the animal count is high: over 300 mammal species and more than 1,000 types of birds. This trip is a true adventure into the heart of Africa. Kibale Forest is possibly the best place in the world to track chimpanzees whilst Queen Elizabeth National Park is home to hippos, elephants, buffalo, leopards and elusive tree-climbing lions as well as a huge variety of birds. Continuing on our journey we reach Bwindi where we have the option of tracking the gentle giants of the forests, Mountain gorillas.
Day 1: Start Entebbe; drive to Kibale Forest.
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale; visit Bigodi wetlands.
Day 3: Optional second chimpanzee trek; to Queen Elizabeth N.P.
Day 4: Game drive in Queen Elizabeth N.P.; boat safari on the Kazinga Channel.
Day 5: Game drive in the Ishasha region of Queen Elizabeth N.P.; to Buhoma.
Day 6: Mountain gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Day 7: Optional second Mountain gorilla trek.
Day 8: To Lake Mburo N.P.
Day 9: Game drive; optional game walk or boat safari.
Day 10: Drive to Entebbe; visit Mabamba swamp en route to search for Shoebill storks;
- 9 nights in a mixture of hotels and lodges, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 10 lunches and 9 dinners.
- Travel by specially designed 4WD vehicles
- All transport and listed activities
- Reasonable fitness required for chimpanzee and gorilla tracking
- Tour leader throughout
- 1 chimp permit and 1 gorilla permit
- Any international flights to/from Entebbe are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Chimps & Gorillas of Uganda tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 201 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 06 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Chimps & Gorillas of Uganda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chimps & Gorillas of Uganda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.