Chimps & Gorillas of Uganda
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7982
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Track chimpanzees and other primates in Kibale Forest
- Search for the elusive tree climbing lions in Queen Elizabeth N
- Spend a magical hour with Mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Discover just how friendly and hospitable the Ugandan people are
- Part of the Aldo Kane collection
Uganda is renowned for its abundant wildlife. With landscapes ranging from savannah to lush forests the animal count is high: over 300 mammal species and more than 1,000 types of birds. This trip is a true adventure into the heart of Africa. Kibale Forest is possibly the best place in the world to track chimpanzees whilst Queen Elizabeth National Park is home to hippos, elephants, buffalo, leopards and elusive tree-climbing lions as well as a huge variety of birds. Continuing on our journey we reach Bwindi where we have the option of tracking the gentle giants of the forests, Mountain gorillas.
Aldo Kane Collection: A hand-selected range of adventures by our Brand Ambassador:"Having been lucky enough in my lifetime to catch glimpses of both chimps and gorillas in their natural habitats, I would highly recommend this extraordinary experience. There's nothing quite like spotting a signature species in the wild, and spending an hour with these rare creatures in the misty peaks of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is nothing short of incredible."
Day 1: Start Entebbe; drive to Kibale Forest.
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale; visit Bigodi wetlands.
Day 3: Optional second chimpanzee trek; to Queen Elizabeth N.P.
Day 4: Game drive in Queen Elizabeth N.P.; boat safari on the Kazinga Channel.
Day 5: Game drive in the Ishasha region of Queen Elizabeth N.P.; to Buhoma.
Day 6: Mountain gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Day 7: Optional second Mountain gorilla trek.
Day 8: To Lake Mburo N.P.
Day 9: Game drive; optional game walk or boat safari.
Day 10: Drive to Entebbe; visit Mabamba swamp en route to search for Shoebill storks; end Entebbe.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 10 lunches and 9 dinners.
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- 1 chimp permit and 1 gorilla permit
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Optional 2nd chimp and optional 2nd gorilla permit
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 224+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Chimps & Gorillas of Uganda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 September 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 September 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Chimps & Gorillas of Uganda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chimps & Gorillas of Uganda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.