- duration 14 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Swiss Alpine Walking Encompassing a Wonderful Range of Landscapes
- New Views Everyday
- Variety of Passes to Cross, from Easy to Challenging
- Comfortable Accommodations
One of Europe's most spectacular alpine walks showcasing Switzerland's most famous peaks. This walk follows the most impressive two-week section of a classic alpine walk, which embraces much of the best mountain scenery Switzerland has to offer. It is a route which takes us over many alpine passes, some a leisurely stroll, others a tougher proposition, but all offering their own spectacular visual rewards. A marvellous complement to the high land of peaks and passes are the park-like valleys with their thickly wooded hillsides the unspoilt farming villages, deep-blue lakes and picturesque flower-decked chalets. As well as crossing the Grosse Scheidegg and the Hohturli there is also the incomparable Bernese Oberland region with its impressive peaks, the Jungfrau, Monch and Eiger. There are some long days but lifts and cablecars can be used to shorten some of the walks and overnight locations can all be reached by public transport in case of bad weather. On three separate occasions, you have ‘free’ days where you can pursue optional walks, or take in other attractions such as the Jungfraujoch. This is a mountain journey full of attractions and easily ranks in quality with the Tour de Mont Blanc!
Day 1 : Arrive Engelberg
Day 2 : Engelberg to Engstlenalp 14 km/8.7 miles, 4.5 h
Day 3 : Engstlenalp to Meiringen 17 km/10.5 miles, 4.5 h
Day 4 : Meiringen to Grindelwald 21 km/13 miles, 7.5 h
Day 5 : Rest day in Grindelwald
Day 6 : Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen 19 km/11.8 miles, 6.3 h
Day 7 : In Lauterbrunnen
Day 8 : Lauterbrunnen to Griesalp/Golderli 21 km/ 13 miles, 9.5 h, can be shortened
Day 9 : Griesalp-Golderli to Kandersteg 15 km/9.3 miles, 7.5 h
Day 10 : In Kandersteg
Day 11 : Kandersteg to Adelboden 16 km/10 miles, 6.5 h
Day 12 : Adelboden to Lenk 11 km/6.83 miles, 5 h
Day 13 : Lenk to Saanen 14 km/8.7 miles, 5 h
Day 14 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 11 nights accommodation in 2-3 stars hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities & 2 nights in mountain huts (dormitory style if the private rooms are already full when you book)
- Information pack including route notes & maps (1 pack per room booked)
- 13 breakfasts, 8 dinners
- Luggage transfer (1 bag per person not weighing anymore than 20kg).
- Emergency hotline
- 5 dinners, all lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 125 today.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Alpine Pass Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
The Alpine Pass Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Alpine Pass Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.