- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Whisky divides people. You either love its fiery warmth or detest its full-on flavour. Either way, there’s a reason why it’s Scotland’s national drink and our biggest export. Our crystal-clear streams and plump golden barley play a big part, but the art of whisky distilling has been perfected here for generations. It (literally) flows through our veins. Whether you fall head over heels for our finest dram or banish it to the back of the drinks cabinet, at least you can say you’ve tried it on Scottish soil and seen a little of our sexy country along the way.
Embark on your adventure at 8.45am, say goodbye to Edinburgh and hello to the ancient Scottish capital of Stirling – home to the iconic Wallace Monument and legendary Castle. Your HAGGiS guide will regale you with the bloody tales of Scotland’s most passionate patriot – William Wallace. Be prepared to hear more Braveheart quotes than you can shake a claymore at, as you learn of Wallace’s integral part in the War
of Independence. *Shouts* ‘They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freeeeeedom!’ Feeling impassioned, we venture further into the rugged Scottish Highlands, before stopping to fill our bellies at a local Highland Whisky Distillery Take the tour to discover how Scotland's national drink is made and impress your mates when you marvel at how this whisky is: ‘steeped in peat smoke’ whilst you enjoy a well-earned dram. Nicely warmed by the whisky, we head to the Hermitage in the heart of Perthshire and explore the woodland and rushing Black Linn Falls on the River Braan. Our return journey visits the quaint village of Dunkeld, in Macbeth country, whose stunning cathedral sits by the banks of the River Tay. We return to Edinburgh at around 5.30pm, passing the iconic Forth Bridge on the way.
(Routes are subject to change)
- We guarantee dorm bed accommodation on all our trips. Most hostels have mixed dorms with females and males sharing a room. If you would prefer to stay in a single sex dorm please get in touch with us before your tour and we can request this from the hostels. Single sex dorms cannot be guaranteed and are subject to hostel availability.
- All transport in our famous yellow bus is included.
- Legendary local Guide will lead the way
- Any international flights are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.
- Meals are not included allowing you to keep your options open and eat according to your budget.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Whisky, Warriors and Waterfalls tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 48 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Whisky, Warriors and Waterfalls tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Whisky, Warriors and Waterfalls tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All trips depart from HAGGIS HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town