- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Our destination is the remote islands of Shetland in the far north of Scotland, and our purpose is to celebrate the Summer Solstice. This special period is known in these parts as ‘Simmer Dim’, and we will experience the night-long twilight at Sumburgh Head Lighthouse and Nature Reserve. Visit several truly amazing ancient sites and learn about the history, myths and legends which surround these wildly beautiful islands. Delve into Shetland’s Viking heritage and visit the Up Helly Aa Exhibition in Lerwick. We will stop at the fascinating Braemar Highland Games Centre on our way back to Edinburgh.
Day 1: Edinburgh To Lerwick
Day 2: Shetland
Day 3: Shetland
Day 4: Shetland
Day 5: Lerwick To Aberdeen
Day 6: Aberdeen To Edinburgh
- 2 Overnight Ferries (Twin-Share Cabin)
- 3 Nights B&B Accommodation
- Local Scottish Guide
- Guided Tour of Shetland
- Free Time in Lerwick
- Sumburgh Head Lighthouse Tour and
- Summer Solstice Celebrations
- Souvenir Map
- Any international flights to/from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Shetland Summer Solstice incl. accom. tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 44+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Shetland Summer Solstice incl. accom. tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 48 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Shetland Summer Solstice incl. accom. tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Shetland Summer Solstice incl. accom. tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All our trips depart from Highland Explorer Tours HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town.