- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Simmer Dim Celebrations
- Dunnottar Castle
We’re off to the wild islands of Shetland to celebrate the Summer Solstice; known by locals as ‘Simmer Dim‘. Experience the midnight sun at Sumburgh Head Lighthouse and Nature Reserve. Keep an eye out for the adorable resident puffins! Learn about the myths, legends and history which surround these epic islands, as we discover mind-blowing ancient sites. Get in amongst Shetland’s Viking heritage on a visit to the Up Helly Aa Exhibition in Lerwick. On our journey home, we’ll visit the awesome Braemar Highland Games Centre.
Day 1: Edinburgh To Lerwick
Day 2: Lerwick
Day 3: Lerwick - Simmer Dim
Day 4: Lerwick
Day 5: Lerwick To Aberdeen
Day 6: Aberdeen To Edinburgh
- 2 overnight ferries (twin-share cabin)
- 3 nights 3* B&B Accommodation
- 3 traditional Scottish breakfasts
- Your legendary local HAGGiS Guide
- Sumburgh Head Lighthouse tour and Summer Solstice celebrations
- Any international flights are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.
- Meals are not included allowing you to keep your options open and eat according to your budget.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 47+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Shetland Midsummer Solstice incl. accom. tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 48 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Shetland Midsummer Solstice incl. accom. tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Shetland Midsummer Solstice incl. accom. tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All trips depart from HAGGIS HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town