- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
It’s time to pack your essentials and travel back in time to 18th century Scotland. Imagine travelling through the dramatic Scottish Highlands when you are suddenly transported back in time and bump into your one true love. Who wouldn’t like that? We can’t promise that’ll happen, but we guarantee you will have an unforgettable day travelling through some of the most famous Outlander film locations and stunning spots that inspired the hit series.
We start the day in Edinburgh at 8.45am and head to Linlithgow Palace (Wentworth Prison). We then visit the famous Doune Castle (Castle Leoch), one of the best-preserved medieval castles in Scotland; it’s also a movie star. Most recently it starred as Castle Leoch, the home of Clan MacKenzie in the hit series Outlander, but it wasn’t the castle’s first time on big screen. It was used as a film set for Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Winterfell from Game of Thrones to name a few.
After exploring the castle, we head to Fife, one of the remaining ancient kingdoms of Scotland. Often referred to as
‘Scotland in miniature’, because of its stunning nature, turbulent history and unique culture. We make a stop in Culross, the town that was used as Cranesmuir where Claire and Geillis were accused of witchcraft and Claire barely managed to escape before being burned alive. It was a close call!
We’ll spend the afternoon in the village of Falkland that was used as 1940’s Inverness in Outlander. It packs a lot of listed buildings for a small village, but if you are not interested in old, pretty buildings you can always try to chase Jamie’s ghost around the square.
Our final stop is at Midhope Castle*. Get ready for the tears of joy and a lot of excitement when we hang around Jamie’s peaceful home, the real-life Lallybroch before arriving back in Edinburgh.
This tour is a must for all Outlander fans!
*Please note Midhope Castle will be closed will be at various points throughout the year for filming activity.
- We guarantee dorm bed accommodation on all our trips. Most hostels have mixed dorms with females and males sharing a room. If you would prefer to stay in a single sex dorm please get in touch with us before your tour and we can request this from the hostels. Single sex dorms cannot be guaranteed and are subject to hostel availability.
- All transport in our famous yellow bus is included.
- Legendary local Guide will lead the way
- Any international flights are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.
- Meals are not included allowing you to keep your options open and eat according to your budget.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Outlander Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 48 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Outlander Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Outlander Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All trips depart from HAGGIS HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town