- Midhope Castle
- Doune Castle
- Robert the Bruce
- Blackness Castle
- Show more
Pack your essentials and travel back to the 18th century on an Outlander themed adventure to charming villages and iconic historic attractions: a dream day out for any Outlander fan!
We can’t guarantee any time travel through standing stones, but your guide will immerse you in real-life tales from the past which inspired Diana Gabaldon’s world-famous books. When you experience these stunning locations, you’ll understand why they were chosen to feature in the hit TV series.
We start the day in Edinburgh and head to Midhope Castle*, known as the Outlander filming location for Lallybroch. Next, we visit Doune Castle*, or Castle Leoch to Outlander fans. As one of the best-preserved medieval castles in Scotland, it has also appeared in Game of Thrones, Outlaw King and Monty Python & the Holy Grail.
Over in the ancient Kingdom of Fife, we visit Falkland, the setting for 1940’s Inverness. Explore the quaint streets or chase Jamie’s ghostly figure around the village square. Afterwards, we travel to colourful Culross, which starred as Cranesmuir, where Claire and Geillis Duncan were accused of witchcraft. That was a close call!
Saving the best ‘til last, our final stop is at Blackness Castle, the fictional setting for Fort William in Outlander, home to Captain Jack Randall’s worst acts of violence. We get the chance to view the jaw-dropping Forth Bridges before we return to the capital in the early evening. The perfect end to an awesome day!
*Please note that there are dates throughout the year where Doune Castle and Midhope Castle are closed. Midhope Castle will be closed from 22nd December 2023 until 15th March 2024 and Doune Castle is closed from 8th January 2024 until 18th February 2024. Please check add-on availability at the time of booking or contact us for further details.
- Full refund if cancelled more than 24 hours in advance
- Your Legendary local Guide
- Any international flights are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.
- Meals are not included allowing you to keep your options open and eat according to your budget.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Outlander Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 48 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Outlander Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Outlander Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.