- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Imagine you came on this trip and saw the monster. Its gargantuan neck emerges from Loch Ness with an almighty ‘ROAR’! No doubt you’d take a picture and become an Internet sensation. Sadly we can’t promise this’ll happen, but the trip will still be awesome. You will venture through some of Scotland’s historic sights, see Britain’s highest mountain, the beautiful Glencoe, and listen to our guide’s fascinating stories.
We leave Edinburgh and head towards Stirling Castle, Rob Roy country and rough and rugged Rannoch Moor. We then make our way to stunning Glencoe where your Guide will re-enact the famous massacre of the MacDonald clan in 1692. Our tour takes us past Fort William and marks the end to the West Highland Way and home to Britain's highest mountain, the mighty Ben Nevis before winding our way along the Great Glen and stopping in the village of Fort Augustus on the banks of bonnie Loch Ness.
You have free time in Fort Augustus where you can take to the Loch on a boat in the hunt for Nessie. If you’re not one for the water then why not take a walk up the canal and find a nice spot to enjoy your free locally produced picnic lunch. (A typical lunch includes Scottish mineral water, a choice of freshly made sandwiches and shortbread). Our journey home heads south along Loch Laggan stopping at one of the many quaint Highland villages along the way. We drive back to Edinburgh with views of the famous Forth Bridge arriving round 8pm, with time to hit the pub for a well-deserved beverage or two!
- We guarantee dorm bed accommodation on all our trips. Most hostels have mixed dorms with females and males sharing a room. If you would prefer to stay in a single sex dorm please get in touch with us before your tour and we can request this from the hostels. Single sex dorms cannot be guaranteed and are subject to hostel availability.
- All transport in our famous yellow bus is included.
- Legendary local Guide will lead the way
- Any international flights are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.
- Meals are not included allowing you to keep your options open and eat according to your budget.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Loch Ness Hunter tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 48 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Loch Ness Hunter tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Loch Ness Hunter tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All trips depart from HAGGIS HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town