- Walking tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Discover Dundee, Orkney Islands, Glasgow and Stirling
- Visit Edinburgh Castle, filming locations for Fort William, 18thcentury Cranesmuir, 1940s Inverness, 18th green at St. Andrews, Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore, the Culloden Battlefield, John O'Groats, Skara Brae, Ullapool, Isle of Skye, Glencoe, Blair Atholl whisky distillery, Stirling Castle, St. Mungo's Cathedral, Linlithgow Palace and Wentworth Prison
- View Inverness Castle and Eilean Donan Castle
Travel with Claire and Jamie on a blockbuster trip inspired by the award-winning drama about their love affair through the ages. Visit some of the notable film locations and other highlights of Scotland, including the Scottish Highlands, Orkney Island and the Isle of Skye.
Day 1: Welcome to Edinburgh
Day 2: Discover Enchanting Edinburgh
Day 3: Explore Outlander Film Locations
Day 4: See Outlander Sights and Journey to Dundee
Day 5: Venture into the Scottish Highlands
Day 6: The Sights of Culloden, Inverness and Thurso
Day 7: A Day on the Orkney Islands
Day 8: Over the Sea to Skye
Day 9: Continue to Fort William and Kinloch Rannoch
Day 10: Experience the Local Whiskey
Day 11: Admire Scottish Castles and on to Glasgow
Day 12: Journey to Linlithgow Palace
Day 13: Farewell Glasgow
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- 12 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 5 dinners
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Ferry to the Orkney Isles and return
- Ferry from Skye to Mallaig
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Any international flights to Edinburgh and from Glasgow are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highland Trail inspired by Outlander tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 134+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highland Trail inspired by Outlander tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highland Trail inspired by Outlander tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highland Trail inspired by Outlander tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 20 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate with a number of empty seats to ensure that we always allow for appropriate extra physical distancing.