- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
This magical tour takes you to the Anglo-Scottish border to learn about the bloody battles that raged. We’ll visit the picture-perfect seaside village of Bamburgh where you can head to the beach for some shenanigans and take in the jaw-dropping views of mighty Bamburgh Castle which dates back to the 5th century. But more importantly, we’re going to Hogwarts! Harry Potter fans rejoice - we’re off to the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Along with a rich history and magnificent splendour, Alnwick Castle also starred in Downton Abbey.
Brace yourselves, we’re heading south into enemy territory! Passing gentle rolling hills and dramatic coastline, we’ll cross the border with England to explore Bamburgh- the laid-back seaside village in the heart of Northumberland. Don’t get deceived by its sleepy looks – the village and the mighty Bamburgh Castle was the seat of the early Kings of Northumbria in the 5th century. Run down to the beautiful beach to get some fresh air, imagine Viking longboats approaching the coast for a raid and try to keep up with the area’s turbulent history recounted by your Guide. In the afternoon, have your broomsticks at the ready as we’re off to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Alnwick Castle is the second largest inhabited castle in England, home to the Duke of Northumberland’s family for over 700 years. A long, rich history and magnificent medieval architecture makes it a film lovers’ dream. After a magical afternoon in Alnwick, we’ll make our way back over the border and into Scotland where we will regale you with tales of the turbulent past before arriving into Edinburgh in the early evening.
- We guarantee dorm bed accommodation on all our trips. Most hostels have mixed dorms with females and males sharing a room. If you would prefer to stay in a single sex dorm please get in touch with us before your tour and we can request this from the hostels. Single sex dorms cannot be guaranteed and are subject to hostel availability.
- All transport in our famous yellow bus is included.
- Legendary local Guide will lead the way
- Any international flights are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.
- Meals are not included allowing you to keep your options open and eat according to your budget.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Castles and Broomsticks tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 48 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Castles and Broomsticks tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Castles and Broomsticks tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All trips depart from HAGGIS HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town