- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 4
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take in the faraway feel of one of the world's most remote populated islands
- Ponder the magic and mystery of the moai monoliths that weigh up to 50 tonnes
- Learn about the heritage of the Rapa Nui people, the island's native Polynesians
- Enjoy the warm hospitality of the local people, born from a mix of ancient travellers that arrived here from the Polynesian islands and from South America.
Easter Island’s most famous attraction is the moai statues, enormous head-and-torso blocks carved from the stone of the Rano Raraku volcano. At least 288 moai once stood on massive stone platforms around the perimeter of the island. Another 600 are scattered across the island. At four metres high and weighing more than 80 tons, it’s estimated that between 50 and 150 people were needed to drag them across the countryside.
Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short ‘mini tours’ that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-3 travellers, come accompanied by a local Peregrine guide and depart daily.
- Hotel (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle , bus
- Complimentary arrival transfer
- Hanga Roa - Anakena day trip & picnic lunch
- Hanga Roa - Ana Te Pahu cave & Ahu Tahai ceremonial site
- Hanga Roa - Orongo Ceremonial Village
- Complimentary departure transfer
- Any international flights to/from Easter Island are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Easter Island (Rapa Nui) Experience - Independent tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Easter Island (Rapa Nui) Experience - Independent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 August 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Easter Island (Rapa Nui) Experience - Independent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Easter Island (Rapa Nui) Experience - Independent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Our Independent Experiences have been designed for just one to three people, departing every day of the week for most Experiences. You can mix and match to create your perfect trip combination, then we’ll arrange the transport between each experience for you. You will have local guides at most destinations and activities. It’s independent travel without the stress
- This Independent Experience is operated on a ‘join in’ basis, which means for the sightseeing activities you may join in with other travellers who have booked through other companies
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.