- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Dushanbe Explore the palaces and museums of Central Asia's leastvisited capital.
- Wakhan Corridor Drive through the Wakhan Corridor and spot Afghan villages across the Panj River
- Ak Baital Pass Cross the highest pass of formerUSSR on the drive along the Pamir Highway
- Song Kul Lake Walk through Kyrgyzstan's lush summer pastures and stay in a yurt on the shores of the beautiful Song Kul Lake.
Day 1 : Trip starts in Dushanbe. Explore the Tajik capital on a walking tour of the city
Day 2 : Set off on the Pamir Highway in 4WDs. Spot Afghan villages across the Panj River
Day 3 : Continue the drive alongside the Panj River to Khorog, the heart of the Pamiri region
Day 4 : Venture into the Wakhan Corridor and take a dip in the Garmchashma hot springs
Day 5 : Continue along the Wakhan Valley, visiting the impressive 3rd century Khahkha Fortress
Day 6 : Free day in Hissor with the option for a walk up to petroglyphs and along Engels Meadow
Day 7 : Climb higher into the Pamirs, crossing the Kargushi Pass and driving alongside mountain lakes
Day 8 : Drive across the high plateau and cross the highest pass in former USSR on the way to Karakul
Day 9 : Cross Kyzyl Art Pass, spotting Lenin's Peak. Then descend to the Kyrgyz city of Osh
Day 10 : Explore this ancient trading city at the Kyrgyz end of the M-41 - the Pamir Highway
Day 11 : Full day's drive through the wilds of Kyrgyzstan, passing Toktogul Resevoir to Suusamyr Valley
Day 12 : Two-day walk through the Kyrgyz meadows and summer pastures
Day 13 : Day two of the walk: cross Jalydyz Karagai Pass and hike down to the shores of Song Kul Lake
Day 14 : Drive to Lake Issy Kul and stay in a traditional yurt overlooking the lake
Day 15 : Explore Fairytale Canyon on foot and walk into Jety-Oguz Valley. Stay in a farmer’s guesthouse
Day 16 : Visit the churches and mosques of Karakol before returning to the guesthouse for a folklore show
Day 17 : Cross the border into Kazakhstan walk the along the rim of Charyn Canyon
Day 18 : Spend time discovering the cosmopolitan city of Almaty
Day 19 : Trip ends in Almaty
- 18 Breakfasts, 14 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Hotel Atlas (1 night)
- Hotel Karon Palace (1 night)
- Hotel Zafar (1 night)
- Hanis Guesthouse (1 night)
- Davlathon Guesthouse (2 nights)
- Pamir Hotel (1 night)
- Erkin Guesthouse Karakul (1 night)
- Sunrise Hotel (2 nights)
- Baytur Resort (1 night)
- Avaz Yurt Camp Kilemche (1 night)
- Novinomad Yurt Camp Song Kul Lake (1 night)
- Tosor Yurt Camp (1 night)
- Reina Kench Guesthouse (2 nights)
- Kazzhol Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Dushanbe and from Almaty are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Along the Pamir Highway tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 211+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Along the Pamir Highway tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Along the Pamir Highway tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Along the Pamir Highway tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.