- Sightseeing tour
- Countryside and village visits
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 11
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Scenic tour of the Molweni
- Phezulu Cultural Village Zulu show
- Guided tour of PheZulu Reptile Park
An Inyanga or a Sangoma is a traditional medicine practitioner or shaman of the Zulu people in South Africa. A Sangoma / Inyanga can communicate with your ancestors, work with plant medicine (herbalism) and use the power of prayer for healing. While most practice all three, you will find others that work solely with one or any combination of these methods. Their training varies depending on family lineage and land location. However, what they all have in common is a calling to serve their families, their communities and the Earth.
The Inyanga / Sangoma stays in the picturesque area of Molweni. There you will have the opportunity to consult with the local Inyanga / Sangoma and have a traditional Zulu experience. The consultation lasts about 45 minutes where he will use traditional methods like throwing the bones to connect with your ancestors and convey the information he receives.
The tour also travels to the Valley of 1000 Hills. Home of PheZulu Cultural and Safari Park. Visitors are taken into traditional beehive shaped thatched huts, where the various artefacts, beliefs and rituals of the Zulu people are explained, giving visitors an insight into the fascinating Zulu culture. The Zulu dancing show (50 minutes) is impressive with the dancers in their traditional garb, showing off their skills with grace, agility and humour.
PheZulu also has a Crocodile and Snake Park where guests will be taken on a tour by a knowledgeable local guide. They will learn interesting facts about crocodiles and snakes and have a hands-on experience with Cleo the Burmese python who weighs in at 42 kilograms
- Collection and drop off from Durban in an air conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Food and drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationAll ages are welcome