- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 13 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 11
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Go on safari at the HluhluweImfolozi Game Reserve and search for the Big 5
- Visit the Emdoneni Cat Project and get up close with magnificent cat species
- Enjoy a day in nature, out of the city
The tour departs from Durban heading north up the coast to northern KwaZulu-Natal. You will arrive at the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi gate 2.5 hours after departing from Durban. Your experienced guide will take you on safari and show you around the park in search of the diverse wildlife and the Big 5.
Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is set in the heart of Zululand where Africa’s Big 5 (lion, elephant, leopard, buffalo and rhinoceros) roam the flourishing savannah. Established in 1895 this is the oldest park in South Africa and encompasses over 98 000 hectares of the beautiful African landscape. This tour is in a closed vehicle. The Park contains an immense diversity of fauna and flora and is characterized by hilly topography. The list of animals in the park is long and varied.
Your guide will stop for lunch at Hilltop Camp (lunch at your own expense) giving you time to refuel and relax. The restaurant is situated at the top of the hill and gives visitors the chance to enjoy the scenery of the camp and surrounding areas. After lunch, you will continue with your safari before leaving the park for Emdoneni Wild Cat Sanctuary.
At Emdoneni Cat Project, you will have a guided tour about South Africa’s endangered wild cat species. The aim of the project is to care for the various wild cat species which have been orphaned or injured in the wild and need care and rehabilitation. Emdoneni’s guided tour offers visitors a unique and exciting opportunity to literally get up close and personal with their magnificent cat species. There are four species of wild cats at Emdoneni; African wildcat, caracal, cheetah and serval. This once in a lifetime opportunity can be enjoyed whilst being educated on a tour. This activity is very popular!
After the tour, we start the two-hour journey back to Durban and will drop you off.
- Qualified tour guide
- Entrance and activity fees
- Collection and drop off from Durban in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease wear comfortable clothing and shoes, hat, sunscreen, jacket. *German and Polish languages can be requested (on request)