- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Local culture
- National parks
- Culture shows and excursions
- duration 13 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 11
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the oldest reserve in South Africa, HluhluweImfolozi Game Reserve
- Get a rare opportunity to see Africa's Big Five animals on a single safari
- Experience unspoiled Zulu culture at DumaZulu Cultural Village
Start the journey by heading north from Durban to KwaZulu-Natal. After almost three-hours’ drive, you’ll arrive at the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve. On this closed vehicle tour, your experienced guide will show you around a section of the 98,000 hectares of the park in search of diverse wildlife and Africa’s Big Five. The reserve's hilly topography is home to immensely diverse flora and fauna.
The Hluhluwe Game Reserve in the north and the Imfolozi Game Reserve in the south were joined to create the largest reserve in KwaZulu Natal. The Hluhluwe Imfolozi Reserve is noted for its white rhino conservation. Their Centenary Capture Centre is celebrated for its exceptional research in animal capture, rehabilitation and release as well their approach to sustainable ecotourism in South Africa.
You’ll stop for lunch at Hilltop Camp (at your own expense) giving you time to refuel and relax. The restaurant is situated on top of a hill and gives visitors the chance to enjoy the surrounding scenery. After lunch complete your safari and head to DumaZulu Cultural Village.
DumaZulu Cultural Village is located near the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve in the heart of Zululand. Translated to “Thundering Zulu,” DumaZulu is South Africa’s largest Zulu cultural village with over 50 Zulu locals who living and working in the area.
The village depicts Zulu culture before modernization and is considered a living museum. The village is laid out in the tradition Zulu design of beehive huts arranged in a circle around a cattle kraal. You’ll be welcomed to the village by a local DumaZulu tour guide who’ll explain and share interesting traditions and customs of the Zulu people.
You can observe the traditional basket-weaving, spear- and shield-making techniques from the locals as well as watch traditional bone-throwing and Zulu dancing and singing performances.
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- Pickup and drop-off in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals during the tour
- Anything not included in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Save US$ 11 today.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.