- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Zululand Rhino Reserve: This reserve has over 70 mammal species and is dedicated to the conservation of various endangered species.
- Maputaland: A coastal area with luxuriant and dense vegetation found on the waters of the Indian Ocean.
See South Africa’s wild side during a five-day expedition. Witness wild animals roaming free in the bush at Zululand Rhino Reserve before exploring the untamed coastline of Maputaland. This tour features choice properties to discover South Africa in luxury, with lodges offering impeccable amenities, views, and facilities. Spot the Big Five and a wide range of exotic animals, then explore the spectacular South African coastal waters with fun and exciting activities. This trip is sure to impress!
Day 1: Arrival Durban – Zululand Rhino Reserve (280km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 2: Zululand Rhino Reserve
Day 3: Zululand Rhino Reserve – Maputaland Coastline (150km – 2 Hrs)
Day 4: Maputaland Coastline
Day 5: Maputaland Coastline – Depart Durban (380km – 5 Hrs)
- 4 nights accommodation
- 4 Breakfast, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners
- Young driver surcharge (driver must have valid unendorsed driver’s license for at least 2 years)
- 1 additional driver
- Five days car rental group W.
- CAR HIRE
- Ford Ranger TDCI XL 4x4 with gearstick, air-condition, power steering, radio/CD, four-seater, luggage space for four medium suitcases
- Unlimited kilometers
- Full comprehensive insurance with nil excess
- Third-party liability cover
- Windscreen & tire damages
- Fee Contract
- 1 Baby seat
- Airport surcharge.
- All visits as indicated: scheduled safari activities at Leopard Mountain Game Lodge, one exclusive wine & dine experience at Leopard Mountain Game Lodge, non-motorized activities at Thonga Beach Lodge, one head and shoulder massage at Thonga Beach Lodge.
- International or domestic flight tickets, airport taxes, or visa fees where applicable
- Park entrance fees, conservation levies and 4x4 transfer at Thonga Beach § (if you don't feel comfortable using your own 4x4)
- Beverages during meals
- Motorised activities at Thonga Beach
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Optional excursions and activities
- Expenses of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Zululand Rhino Reserve park entrance fees be paid at the gate.
- NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE
- Bond deposit (from/to depot)
- Accident/Administration fee
- One way fee within South Africa between the following depots: Johannesburg, Nelspruit KMIA, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town
- Collection and delivery fees, Negligence, abuse, water and undercarriage damage to vehicle.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 112+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bush And Beach, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 July 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bush And Beach, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bush And Beach, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.