- duration days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the subAntarctic islands of Macquarie, Campbell, Auckland, and The Snares — We are among a small, exclusive number of operators that hold permits to travel to these farflung isles.
- Observe multiple albatross species—wandering, whitecapped, Salvin’s, Campbell, grayheaded, Buller’s lightmantled sooty, and northern and southern royal—as well as colonies of king, royal, rockhopper, Snares and gentoo penguins.
- Search the elfin forests for yelloweyed penguins, bellbirds, tomtits, and redcrowned parakeets.
- Cruise through Milford, Dusky, and Doubtful sounds, a supremely scenic land of soaring cliffs and plunging waterfalls.
One of the few operators allowed to travel the far-flung isles of the Southern Ocean, join us on a journey through the Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand, as well as Macquarie Island.On this epic journey to the remote Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand, you’ll discover some of the most rare and intriguing plant and animal species on the planet.A must-visit destination for all nature enthusiasts, wildlife viewing along the coasts and islands of this region is simply exceptional!
Choose one of two local discovery options.
Join naturalists for lectures and on deck to look for royal, white-capped,
and Buller’s albatross.
Today nature walks lead you through lush vegetation and rata forests to
explore this incredible island.
Attend lectures during a day at sea.
Spend two days exploring Macquarie Island.
Spend a relaxing and educational day at sea.
Campbell Island is home to a multitude of seabirds, marine mammals, and
unique sub-Antarctic megaherbs.
Board Zodiacs for a cruise around The Snares.
Peaceful Stewart Island is home to fewer than 500 inhabitants.
Today is devoted to Fiordland National Park, a nearly uninhabited wilderness
with breathtakingly beautiful fjords.
Keep your binoculars ready as the ship slowly cruises Doubtful Sound.
Be on deck this morning to watch the panorama of Milford’s sheer cliff
faces, which rise thousands of feet almost vertically from the water’s
Today choose one of three excursion options, designed to highlight
Queenstown’s natural and cultural attributes.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport.
- 3 nights hotel, 12 nights aboard the Caledonian Sky , All accommodations
- All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including cultural tours, nature walks, and Zodiac cruises
- Small Ship Cruise
- 16 days land only
- Maximum 100 Guests
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to Dunedin, New Zealand and from Queenstown, New Zealand are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 28 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.