- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Ancient walled city of Dubrovnik
- Scenic Adriatic & Dalmatian coast
- Split beaches & Diocletian's Palace
This 11-day Balkans tour explores the highlights and beautiful scenery of Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia and Greece.
The tour begins by the sea in the ancient walled city of Dubrovnik before heading north up the scenic Adriatic Coast to Split, famous for its beaches and the Diocletian's Palace which we visit. We leave Croatia next and enter Bosnia & Herzegovina where we'll see the famous Stari Most bridge en-route to the country's capital Sarajevo, now a buzzing small city. Our next country is Serbia where we visit the capital Belgrade before crossing into Macedonia and the city of Skopje. While in Macedonia we drive through more beautiful scenery, especially around Lake Orhid, famous for its many churches which led to it being known as the 'Macedonian Jerusalem'.
The tour finishes in Greece, with stops at the coastal city of Thessaloniki on the Thermaic Gulf of the Aegean Sea, and the ancient town of Delhi which is host to the Oracle of Apollo and is one of the most popular ancient Greek sites one can visit today. The tour then ends in Athens.
To make the most of your time in Dubrovnik and Athens, extra nights in both locations are available and can be added to extend the tour giving you some free time to explore independently before and after the main tour.
Day 1: Arrive in Dubronik. Airport transfer & city tour
Day 2: Follow the Dalmatian Coast to Split
Day 3: Mostar, the Stari Most Bridge & Sarajevo
Day 4: Sarajevo to Belgrade
Day 5: Exploring Belgrade
Day 6: Through Nis to Macedonia & Skopje
Day 7: Exploring Skopje
Day 8: Explore lakeside Orhid's churches, the Macedonian Jerusalem
Day 9: Back to Greece & Thessaloniki
Day 10: Exploring ancient Delphi, then travel back to Athens
Day 11: Your Balkans adventure ends, hotel to airport transfer included
- All accommodation in 3 to 4-star level hotels
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (10 breakfasts)
- All transport and transfers in AC non-smoking vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service in Athens
- Services of a professional local tour guide for all sightseeing tours
- Tipping kitty (except driver & guide)
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (if applied)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites visited (allow approx. EUR 13)
- Greece hotel residence tax (see tour notes)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guide & driver
- Optional tours
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Balkans Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 September 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Balkans Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Balkans Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.