- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Taste a real deal kebab at an authentic shawarma joint
- Indulge your sweet tooth and try the best pastries the Arabian Peninsula has to offer
- Try our favourite falafel and learn about all the different varieties plus the spices needed to make the very best falafel
- Do as the locals do and eat dinner on the floor and using your hands in a traditional old town restaurant
Explore the flavours of old Dubai on an Arabian culinary adventure and private tour with a local. Soak up Middle Eastern customs and traditions as you feast on a vast array of tempting delights, including kebabs, falafel, tandoori meats, fresh fruit juice, and some knock-out sugary sweets. Take your taste buds on a magic carpet ride and discover the best food that the Persian Gulf has to offer in this multicultural culinary wonderland.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
Prepare to immerse yourself in real Arabian cuisine! This private tour will lead you to the Al Ragga, an area where a delightful mix of cultures all lives together in harmony. Today, however, we will get a feel for Middle Eastern food as we taste some of the highlights of the region.
Our first stop will be a shawarma restaurant for a kebab, the most popular fast food option in the city. Chicken dishes are usually paired with a yummy garlic aioli called toom while beef is teamed up with tahini. Veggie options are available too.
Falafel is next on the menu and we think this next stop is the best Dubai has to offer. Learn all about the different types of falafel and how it is made as you scoff it down with fragrant tahini and some feisty fava beans.
Taking a stroll deeper into the old town we will discover more about the city and its origins before stopping for a fresh fruit juice in a cool juice bar with a dizzying array of fresh fruit virgin cocktails to choose from. A great way to cool off on a hot day!
Next, we will fully immerse ourselves in local customs and eat with locals at a popular mandi restaurant. This is one of the few places in town where you can observe local Emiratis chilling out with their families. Mandi is a deliciously spiced chicken dish served with nuts, rice, and yoghurt. We will do as the locals do and sit on the floor and eat using our hands, although be sure to use only your right hand (you will learn what to do with your left hand…).
Back on the streets we will seek out our dessert at a delightful pastry shop, and sample a mouth-watering smorgasbord of Arabic desserts: konafa, semolina, and dozens of different types of baklava.
Our tour will end on this fabulously sugary high. For more ways to immerse yourself in the culture and traditions of Dubai, ask your guide for more hints and tips on how to get the most out of your trip.
Note: This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples as per itinerary.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- transportation to and from the meeting/end points
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Private Dubai: Old Town Arabian Food Fest tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Private Dubai: Old Town Arabian Food Fest tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Private Dubai: Old Town Arabian Food Fest tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Inside Union Metro Station, Exit 1 by the ticket office. Both red and green lines stop here. If you are taking a taxi, please ensure you give yourself extra time to arrive as traffic can be heavy in the afternooMeeting end point :
Al Ragga metro station.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.