- Walking tour
- Winter adventures
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Winter sunshine
- Late winter/early spring flowers
- Good views
Enjoy the best of Cyprus' stunning Akamas Peninsula during the cooler months. Cyprus is an island of natural beauty in a region with an abundance of ancient and modern civilisations and cultures. Its mineral wealth was well known in ancient times: the island gave its name to the element copper (Cu). Away from the cosmopolitan towns and beach resorts you will find large areas of natural, unspoilt countryside. Woodland, orchards and vineyards are interspersed with tranquil, timeless villages. The people extend a warm and friendly welcome and their hospitality will add greatly to the enjoyment of your tour. Winter in Cyprus is generally mild, especially the western part where our walks are concentrated. The walks are mostly in the Akamas Peninsula, an area soon to be declared a nature reserve, and also in the adjacent “Laona” plateau area, at 600m, with its small traditional villages. On several days the walks will end at the coast. In late winter and early spring, from February onwards, peaking in March, the Akamas blooms with a profusion of wild flowers.
Day 1 : Arrive Cyprus
Day 2 : Circular walk around Drouseia - 13.4 km / 8.3 miles, 4.5 hours
Day 3 : Drouseia to the Baths of Aphrodite - 18 km / 11 miles, 6 hours
Day 4 : Baths of Aphrodite Walk from 12.4 km / 8 miles, 4-5 hours
Day 5 : Drouseia to Kato Akourdaleia - 11 km / 6.8 miles, 3.5 hours
Day 6 : Circular walk around Kato Akourdaleia - 15 km / 9.3 miles, 6 hours
Day 7 : Kato Akourdaleia to Agios Georgios tis Pegeias - 15 km / 9.3 miles, 5-6 hours
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights accommodation in small hotels and an inn on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Arrival and departure transfers to Pafos airport.
- Transfers as described in the itinerary
- Luggage transfer
- Information pack including route notes & maps
- Emergency hotline
- Lunches & Beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Arrival and departure transfers to Larnaka airport approx £170 return journey for up to 4 people
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Winter Walking in Cyprus tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 August 2021, a deposit of 209 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Winter Walking in Cyprus tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Winter Walking in Cyprus tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.