- Explore Tunis Medina, a maze of exotic streets and a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit a troglodyte house in fascinating Matmata, where the Hollywood blockbuster ‘Star Wars’ was filmed
- Feel the beauty of the dazzling Mediterranean Sea from the charming village, Sidi Bou
- Discover the worldfamous archaeological site of Carthage and the fascinating Bardo Museum
- Admire the view of the biggest Salt Lake in the country, Chott el Djerid
- Experience the beauty of the Great Mosque of Kairouan for its magnificent architectural and spiritual value.
- Show more
This nine-day tour will take you through the splendid Mediterranean country of Tunisia. The journey starts in Tunisia’s laid-back capital Tunis boasts beautiful Islamic architecture and neighbors the famous ruins of Carthage. Later you will visit Hammamet, famous for its beaches, it is a popular destination for swimming and water sports and is one of the primary tourist destinations in Tunisia. Afterward, you will get a chance to discover Kairouan, one of the great administrative, commercial, religious, and intellectual centers of the country. Then proceed towards Tozeur; the desert town which is a gateway to mountain oasis and desert adventures. Later you will visit Douz, it is an incredible palm oasis hosting over 500,000 palm trees and is often considered the “Gateway to the Sahara” due to its easy access to the world-famous desert. Moving ahead the journey ends in the city of Sousse; a seaside town which is a great spot to relax on the beach and wander around the upscale Port El Kantaoui.
Day 1: Tunis Arrival
Day 2: Tunis - Sidi Bou Said - Carthage - Hammamet (102km - 2hrs)
Day 3: Hammamet - Dougga - Kairaoun (321 Km-5 Hrs)
Day 4: Kairaoun - Tozeur (294 Km- 4hrs)
Day 5: Tozeur
Day 6: Tozeur - Chott Djerid - Douz (130km-2hrs)
Day 7: Douz - Matmata - Sousse (432km-5hrs)
Day 8: Departure -
- 07 Nights accommodation at listed hotels or equivalent
- Daily breakfast,
- Return airport transfers
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Meet & greet by our representative upon arrival
- All visits and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All local applicable taxes
- Entrance fees to tourist sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature, tips & gratuities
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Optional tours
- Items not mentioned as being included
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wonders of Tunisia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 74 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 April 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 74 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wonders of Tunisia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonders of Tunisia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.IS THIS A CHILD FRIENDLY TOUR? ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS?
All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for children on escorted tours is 8. Minimum age on Safaris is 12. Minimum age for game drives in Kruger National Park (South Africa) is 12. Minimum age for Uganda programs is 15.Please note that many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, a notarized letter, granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel should be carried. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travelers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.