- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- One of the wildest islands in the Mediterranean
- Stunning sandy beaches
- Fascinating ancient Nuraghic monuments
- Familyrun hotel with excellent restaurant
With its stark beauty, crystal clear waters, golden beaches and undulating limestone ridges, it’s easy to see why Sardinia is considered one of the Mediterranean’s finest gems. Based in the Dorgali area, we explore on foot the idyllic forest-framed coastline of the east and the rugged rocky mountains in the west, walking through valleys, gorges, peaks and spectacular turquoise bays. In addition to its serene natural beauty, Sardinia is also a place of great historic interest and during the week we have the chance to visit the famous monolithic monuments built by the Nuraghi peoples, one of the main prehistoric Mediterranean civilisations.
Day 1: Fly to Olbia; transfer to Dorgali.
Orientation walk through an old path around Monte Tului with beautiful views
of the Gulf of Orosei.
Walk along the Gorroppu Gorge, Italy's deepest natural canyon; free time to
paddle on the Flumineddu River.
Explore Nuraghic village of Serra Orrios, with its complex circular huts
dating back to the Bronze Age; relax on an idyllic sandy beach. Local wine
Free day; explore the archaeological sites of the Dorgali region, take an
optional self-guided walk or simply relax by the beach and enjoy the
leisurely Sardinian lifestyle.
Walk around the prehistoric Tiscali Village, built inside a cave; visit the
springs of Su Gologone.
Explore the caves and cliffs on walk from the beach of Cala Luna; free
End Hotel S'Adde in Dorgali.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches, 1 wine tasting and 5 dinners
- 8 days land only/ flight inclusive
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 nights 3-star Hotel S'Adde, all rooms en suite
- 4 days centre-based walking, 1 day sightseeing
- Altitude maximum 910m, average 400m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Dorgali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Sardinia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 21 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in Sardinia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Sardinia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.