- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- tour_type Self-guided tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling at the base of the stunning Dolomites
- Experiencing the outstanding scenery and small villages en route
- Delighting in the warm hospitality of the hotel owners
- Visiting elegant Cortina d'Ampezzo
An inspiring cycle beneath the imposing peaks of the Dolomites, through Prosecco vineyards to the enchanting city of Venice. The combination of both mountains and the sea ensure the success of any great cycling route and this trip offers you exactly that. Starting from the lofty heights of the Dolomites, the route winds its way around the foot of these imposing peaks with jaw-dropping views stopping you in your tracks around every turn. From Dobbiaco, close to the Austrian border, to the elegant mountain town of Cortina, ringed by the pinnacles and spires characteristic of this special alpine region, the cycle heads south along an old rail trail to reach the ancient city of Belluno with the Schiara range offering a heady backdrop. As you finally descend onto the Venetian plain, the mountains give way to rolling vineyards where opportunities to sample the famous sparkling Prosecco in the town of Valdobbiadene await you. The final stage of this cycling journey will take you ro the Adriatic Sea, where the enchanting city of Venice will welcome you with its unique beauty.
Day 1 : Arrive Bolzano
Day 2 : Transfer to Brunico then follow the Rienz river to Dobbiaco/San Candido (30km/18.5mi)
Day 3 : Cycle via Cortina to the Cadore Valley (45 or 65km/28 or 40.5mi)
Day 4 : Follow the River Piave to Belluno (45 or 65km/28 or 40.5mi)
Day 5 : On to Valdobbiadene in the heart of the Prosecco region (60km/37mi)
Day 6 : Continue south to the Po Valley and the city of Treviso (65km/40.5mi)
Day 7 : Follow the Sile river to Mestre/Venice (45km/28mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 to 4 star hotels on a twin share basis with private facilities
- Digital information pack including route notes, maps, navigational App (can be used offline), GPS Tracks and travel guide per room booked
- 7 breakfasts – varied buffet breakfasts are usually served
- Luggage transfer
- Private transfer Bolzano to Brunico on Day 2
- Welcome Briefing
- 27 speed touring bike rental with puncture resistant tyres, pannier, helmet and gel saddle (e-bikes available on request - supplement applies)
- Bike insurance for loss or damage
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to and from Bolzano / Venice
- Dinner, lunches and drinks daily
- Local hotel taxes - allow EUR10-15
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of luggage and parking
- Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
- Travel insurance
- Optional train transfers
- Option available: stay in Venice on day 7 - supplement applies
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 60 today.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle the Dolomites to the Adriatic Sea tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle the Dolomites to the Adriatic Sea tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle the Dolomites to the Adriatic Sea tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.