- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycling at the base of the stunning Dolomites
- Visiting the exciting city of Venice
- Sipping coffee (or something stronger) in a café in one of Verona’s magnificent piazzas
- Delighting in the culinary specialties such as marinated sardines
A guided cycle along the quiet paths and backroads to the canal city of Venice via Shakespeare's Verona. This enchanting journey takes us through the historic Veneto region of north-west Italy. Taking in the splendid cities of Trento, Verona and Vicenza we have time to appreciate the architectural and cultural delights specific to each. Aside from exploring by bicycle, we enjoy a wine tasting and guided city tours of both Verona and Venice. Winding through pretty meadows and orchards we head east to the lovely town of Mestre, located on the doorstep of Venice.
Day 1 : Arrive Bolzano
Day 2 : Cycle to Trento along the Adige (65 or 70km/40 or 43.8mi)
Day 3 : By bike and boat to Lake Garda south (50km/31mi)
Day 4 : Cycle to historical Verona, guided visit (35 or 60km/22 or 37.5mi)
Day 5 : Continue to Vicenza via the Berici hills (35 or 70km/22 or 43.8mi)
Day 6 : Cycle past Palladian villas to Padova (45km/28mi)
Day 7 : Follow the Brenta Canal to Mestre (40km/25mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 to 4 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners (does not include drinks) – varied buffet breakfasts are served. Dinner will consist of 3 courses which include regional specialties often in typical restaurants
- Luggage transfer
- Ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Guide throughout and support van in the area
- Bicycle, 27 speed with pannier, puncture resistant tyres, helmet and gel seat (electric bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Digital information pack: smartphone app with route notes and maps
- City tour in Verona and Venice
- Ice cream in the best gelateria in Vicenza
- Wine tasting
- Bike insurance for loss or damage (does not include negligence)
- Travel to and from Bolzano/Venice
- Drinks and lunch
- Local hotel taxes - allow €10-15 pp
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of excess luggage
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Optional train transfers to shorten the cycling
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Backroads to Venice - Guided Cycle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Backroads to Venice - Guided Cycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Backroads to Venice - Guided Cycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.