- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling at the base of the stunning Dolomites
- Experiencing the outstanding scenery and small villages en route
- Sipping coffee (or something stronger) in a café in one of Verona’s magnificent piazzas
- Enjoying the culinary specialties such as marinated sardines
Cycle the quiet paths and backroads to the canal city of Venice via Shakespeare's Verona. This enchanting journey takes you through the historic Veneto region of north-east Italy. Taking in the splendid cities of Trento, Verona and Vicenza you'll have time to appreciate the architectural and cultural delights specific to each. Starting from the mountains around Bolzano, passing the beauty of Lake Garda and winding through pretty meadows and orchards you'll head east to the lovely town of Mestre, located on the doorstep of Venice.
Day 1 : Join Bolzano
Day 2 : Cycle to Trento along the Adige (65 or 70km/40 or 43.5mi)
Day 3 : By bike and boat to Lake Garda South (50km/31mi)
Day 4 : Cycle to historical Verona (35 or 60km/21.5 or 37mi)
Day 5 : Continue to Vicenza via Soave and the Berici Hills (35 or 70km/21.5 or 43.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle past Palladian villas to Padova's thermal district (50km/35mi)
Day 7 : Cycle along the Brenta Canal to Mestre (55km/34mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 2-3 star (Category B) or 3-4 star (Category A) hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Digital information pack including route notes, maps and navigational App (can be used offline) with GPS Tracks per room booked
- 7 breakfasts – buffet breakfasts are served
- Luggage transfer
- 4 hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Bicycle, 27 gears with puncture resistant tyres, gel saddle, helmet and pannier (electric bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Welcome briefing
- Ice cream in the best gelateria in Vicenza
- Bike insurance against theft and damage (does not cover negligence)
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Bolzano and from Venice
- Dinner and lunches daily
- Local hotel taxes - approx. 10-15 € per person
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of excess luggage and parking
- Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Options available: stay in Padova centre on day 6 or in Venice on day 7 - supplements apply
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 58 today.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Backroads to Venice tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Backroads to Venice tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Backroads to Venice tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.