- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling at the base of the stunning Dolomites
- Experiencing the outstanding scenery and small villages en route
- Sipping coffee (or something stronger) in a café in one of Verona’s magnificent piazzas
- Enjoying the culinary specialties such as marinated sardines
Cycle the quiet paths and backroads to the canal city of Venice via Shakespeare's Verona. This enchanting journey takes us through the historic Veneto region of north-east Italy. Taking in the splendid cities of Trento, Verona and Vicenza we have time to appreciate the architectural and cultural delights specific to each. Starting from the mountains around Bolzano, passing the beauty of Lake Garda and winding through pretty meadows and orchards we head east to the lovely town of Mestre, located on the doorstep of Venice.
Day 1 : Join Bolzano
Day 2 : Cycle to Trento along the Adige (65 or 70km/40 or 43.5mi)
Day 3 : Cycle and boat to Lake Garda South (50km/31mi)
Day 4 : Cycle to historical Verona (35 or 60km/21.5 or 37mi)
Day 5 : Cycle to Vicenza via Monti Berici (35 or 70km/21.5 or 43.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle past Palladian villas to Padova's thermal district (50km/35mi)
Day 7 : Cycle along the Brenta Canal to Mestre (55km/34mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 2 to 3 star (Category B) or 3 to 4 star (Category A) hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information kit including route descriptions and maps per room booked, and welcome briefing. GPX tracks available on request.
- 7 breakfasts – buffet breakfasts are served
- Luggage transfer
- Ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Bicycle, 27 gears with puncture resistant tyres, gel saddle, helmet and pannier (premium and electric bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Bike insurance against theft and damage (does not cover negligence)
- Emergency hotline
- Ice cream in the best ice cream parlour in Vicenza
- Entrance to the gardens at Palladio's Villa La Rotunda in Vicenza
- Travel to Bolzano and from Venice
- Dinner and lunches daily
- Local hotel taxes - allow up to EUR 35 per person (in total)
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of excess luggage and parking
- Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 58 today.
- Save US$ 38+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Backroads to Venice tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Backroads to Venice tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Backroads to Venice tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.