- Active and outdoor
- Train tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Kotor, Mostar and Trebinje Discover the glittering cultural heritage of these picturesque cities
- Mount Zlatibor Visit Sirogojno's famous open air museum and travel on the historic Sargan Eight Railway
- Visegrad See the UNESCO listed Bridge Over the Drina the subject of Ivo Andric's famous novel
- Sarajevo Enjoy the cultural highlights of the city known as the 'Jerusalem of Europe'
Travelling through the heart of former Yugoslavia, discover four countries that have been shaped by a rich but turbulent history. Against a backdrop of jagged mountain peaks and dramatic coastlines, explore several UNESCO World Heritage Sites and fascinating old towns. Mostar - Discover the rich cultural heritage of this iconic UNESCO-Listed city on the banks of the Neretva River Mount Zlatibor - Explore Sirogojno's famous open air museum and ride the historic Sargan Eight Railway Sarajevo - Discover the complex and fascinating history of the city known as the 'Jerusalem of Europe'
Day 1 : Join trip in Dobrota, Montenegro
Day 2 : Walking tour of medieval Kotor and a boat trip in the bay
Day 3 : Swimming at Budva Town; opportunity of a boat trip on Skadar Lake
Day 4 : Visit Moraca Monastery and walk in Durmitor National Park; arrive in Zabljak
Day 5 : Visit Mileseva Monastery; stay overnight in Sirogojno Open Air Museum (Serbia)
Day 6 : Drive to Mokra Gora; chance to ride on the historic Sargan Eight Railway
Day 7 : Visit the famed Bridge over the Drina; drive to Sarajevo (Bosnia Herzegovina)
Day 8 : Free day in Sarajevo; option to take a tunnel tour
Day 9 : Drive to historic Mostar for a city tour and time to explore
Day 10 : Stop at Tvrdos Monastery with the chance for a wine tasting; free time to explore Trebinje
Day 11 : Discover Dubrovnik on foot
Day 12 : Trip ends in Cavtat, Croatia
- 11 Breakfasts
- Hotel Marija 2 (2 nights)
- Hotel Pelikan (1 night)
- Staro Selo Ethno Village (1 night)
- Hotel Mecavnik (1 night)
- Hotel Hecco (2 nights)
- Hotel Vila Fortuna (1 night)
- Hotel Viv, Trebinje (1 night)
- Cavtat Pension (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Dobrota and from Cavtat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Journey Through the Balkans tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 74+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Journey Through the Balkans tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Journey Through the Balkans tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Journey Through the Balkans tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.