- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kotor, Mostar and Trebinje Discover the glittering cultural heritage of these picturesque cities
- Mount Zlatibor Visit Sirogojno's famous open air museum and travel on the historic Sargan Eight Railway
- Visegrad See the UNESCO listed Bridge Over the Drina the subject of Ivo Andric's famous novel
- Sarajevo Enjoy the cultural highlights of the city known as the 'Jerusalem of Europe'
Travelling through the heart of former Yugoslavia, discover four countries that have been shaped by a rich but turbulent history. Against a backdrop of jagged mountain peaks and dramatic coastlines, explore several UNESCO World Heritage Sites and fascinating old towns. Mostar - Discover the rich cultural heritage of this iconic UNESCO-Listed city on the banks of the Neretva River Mount Zlatibor - Explore Sirogojno's famous open air museum and ride the historic Sargan Eight Railway Sarajevo - Discover the complex and fascinating history of the city known as the 'Jerusalem of Europe'
There's a comment on your website from a previous trip that there wasn't enough walking, and this was a concern for me in advance, but looking back I think it was just right for me. The members of the group had different walking capacities, and our guide ensured we were each able to achieve our respective goals.
Day 1 : Join trip in Dobrota, Montenegro
Day 2 : Walking tour of medieval Kotor and a boat trip in the bay
Day 3 : Swimming at Budva Town; opportunity of a boat trip on Skadar Lake
Day 4 : Visit Moraca Monastery and walk in Durmitor National Park; arrive in Zabljak
Day 5 : Visit Mileseva Monastery; stay overnight in Sirogojno Open Air Museum (Serbia)
Day 6 : Drive to Mokra Gora; chance to ride on the historic Sargan Eight Railway
Day 7 : Visit the famed Bridge over the Drina; drive to Sarajevo (Bosnia Herzegovina)
Day 8 : Free day in Sarajevo; option to take a tunnel tour
Day 9 : Drive to historic Mostar for a city tour and time to explore
Day 10 : Stop at Tvrdos Monastery with the chance for a wine tasting; free time to explore Trebinje
Day 11 : Discover Dubrovnik on foot
Day 12 : Trip ends in Cavtat, Croatia
- 11 Breakfast
- 9 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights simple guesthouse
- Bus, Boat, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Dobrota and from Cavtat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Journey Through the Balkans tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 101 today.
- Save US$ 67+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Journey Through the Balkans tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 191 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 06 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Journey Through the Balkans tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Journey Through the Balkans tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.