- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Breathtaking natural landscapes
- Excellent birdspotting; stunning flowers; unrivalled Alpine views
- Beautiful 4star familyrun hotel with spa, pool, sauna and steam room.
- Visit the worldfamous Tre Cime (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
In the heart of the northern Italian Dolomites, close to the border with Austria and dominated by the famous Tre Cime (Three Peaks), is the beautiful Tyrolean village of Dobbiaco. A week's walking from here allows you to discover the beauty and sheer magnificence of the majestic Alta Pusteria Valley. With over 1000kms of trails, the Italian Dolomites are a mecca for high-level walkers and we provide a selection of meticulously researched route notes for walks at various levels. highlights include a high ridge path along the Austrian border with 360degree views over the Italian Dolomites and Austrian Alps, and a circular hike around the world-famous Tre Cime, three immense obelisks of sheer rock that have now become the symbol of the region. Amazingly, all of this is accessible on well-defined paths either directly from the hotel, or via a short bus or cable car ride.
Day 1: Start Dobbiaco
Day 2: Gentle walk through quaint Tyrolean hamlets
Day 3: Cable car to high Rotwand pastures. Hike to refuge of Malga Nemes; descend to
Day 4: Lakeside walk and ascent of the Hochalm
Day 5: Walk high mountain pastures and meadows of Ampezzo N.P.; descend to Cortina
Day 6: Follow ridge along the border. Descend to Klammbachhutte; continue to Moos
Day 7: Walk around the Tre Cime di Lavaredo limestone towers
Day 8: End Dobbiaco
- 7 nights 4-star hotel with spa, all rooms en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 7 dinners
- Arrival & departure transfers (on flight inclusive bookings.)
- 6 days centre-based walking
- Travel on local buses and trains
- Altitude max. 2663m, average 2000m
- Self-guided holiday. Min age 12 yrs
- Route notes and maps
- Any international flights to/from Dobbiaco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Self-Guided Walking in the Italian Dolomites tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 68+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Self-Guided Walking in the Italian Dolomites tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 195 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 04 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Self-Guided Walking in the Italian Dolomites tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Self-Guided Walking in the Italian Dolomites tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.