- duration 10 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Enjoy the fascinating mix of history, culture and natural beauty
- Discover local markets and traditional villages
- See the sunrise from TimorLeste's highest peak, Mt Ramelau
- Escape to the beautiful Atauro Island
Discover the untouched beauty of East-Timor. We begin our exploration of East Timor in the Portuguese flavoured capital of Dili, visiting the symbolic areas of interest in the city, all of which recount East Timor’s turbulent history from both recent and colonial times. We drive through picturesque coffee plantations, rice paddies, forests and mountain ranges prior to trekking up Mt Ramelau (East Timor’s highest peak at 2964m) for a spectacular sunrise. Our journey continues with frequent visits to traditional villages, colourful markets and historical sites with opportunities to interact with the welcoming and independent Timorese people, and finishes with a relaxing swim or snorkel in the pristine turquoise waters of Atauro Island.
Day 1 : Join Dili, afternoon City Tour
Day 2 : To Maubisse
Day 3 : Mt Ramelau Hike
Day 4 : Mt Ramelau sunrise trek, transfer to Ainaro
Day 5 : To Atsabe
Day 6 : To Maliana
Day 7 : To Balibo and Dili
Day 8 : Water taxi to Atauro, day at leisure
Day 9 : Return to Dili
Day 10 : In Dili, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotel accommodation on a twin share basis
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- Airport transfers (days 1 & 10 only)
- 4WD vehicles
- Expert bilingual guide
- All group camping equipment
- Sleeping mat (excludes sleeping bag)
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Group medical kit
- International airfare and taxes, visa, travel insurance (compulsory)
- Sleeping bag
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol etc
- Tips and gratuities
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 125 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 83 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 28 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Timor-Leste Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Timor-Leste Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.