- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy the fascinating mix of history, culture and natural beauty
- Discover local markets and traditional villages
- See the sunrise from TimorLeste's highest peak, Mt Ramelau
- Escape to the beautiful Atauro Island
Discover the untouched beauty of East-Timor. We begin our exploration of East Timor in the Portuguese flavoured capital of Dili, visiting the symbolic areas of interest in the city, all of which recount East Timor’s turbulent history from both recent and colonial times. We drive through picturesque coffee plantations, rice paddies, forests and mountain ranges prior to trekking up Mt Ramelau (East Timor’s highest peak at 2964m) for a spectacular sunrise. Our journey continues with frequent visits to traditional villages, colourful markets and historical sites with opportunities to interact with the welcoming and independent Timorese people, and finishes with a relaxing swim or snorkel in the pristine turquoise waters of Atauro Island.
Last year we felt our trip was more strenuous than advertised but this year it was just right, suiting our youngest trekker of 22 to us oldies.
Our female guide, BK, was excellent and she is wanting to take us on a similar level trek to Everest region next year.
Thank you very much for organising and we look forward to another trek in 2018.”
Day 1 : Join Dili, afternoon City Tour
Day 2 : To Maubisse
Day 3 : Mt Ramelau Hike
Day 4 : Mt Ramelau sunrise trek, transfer to Ainaro
Day 5 : To Atsabe
Day 6 : To Maliana
Day 7 : To Balibo and Dili
Day 8 : Water taxi to Atauro, day at leisure
Day 9 : Return to Dili
Day 10 : In Dili, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotel accommodation on a twin share basis
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- Airport transfers (days 1 & 10 only)
- 4WD vehicles
- Expert bilingual guide
- All group camping equipment
- Sleeping mat (excludes sleeping bag)
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Group medical kit
- International airfare and taxes, visa, travel insurance (compulsory)
- Sleeping bag
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 128 today.
- Save US$ 85+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Timor-Leste Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Timor-Leste Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Timor-Leste Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.