- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cruise up the canals of Burgundy aboard the Danièle.
- Sip local wines and sample regional dishes.
- Cycle through villages and vineyards.
- Relax in the onboard Jacuzzi as the scenery glides by
Blessed with some of the most gorgeous countryside in Europe, if not the world (not to mention perhaps the best wine around), Burgundy is a place everyone should explore at least once. And the best way to do it is from the deck of an ambling river barge. Visit small villages and first-rate wineries, bike through forests and vineyards on a provided bicycle, and soak up the glorious sunshine, all with the help of a charming little hotel that goes where you go. You won’t get a better glimpse of Burgundy’s pastoral pleasures than this.
Day 1: Dijon
Day 2: Dijon/Saint-Léger-sur-Dheune
Day 3: Saint-Léger-sur-Dheune/Chagny
Day 4: Chagny/Chalon-sur-Saône
Day 5: Chalon-sur-Saône/Saint-Jean-de-Losne
Day 6: Saint-Jean-de-Losne to Petit Ouges
Day 7: Petit-Ouges to Dijon
Day 8: Dijon
- Aboard the Danièle canal barge (6 nts), hotel (1 nt).
7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD260-340 for meals not included. Tips on board not included. Beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks on board are included throughout the whole trip. All other alcoholic drinks would be at an additional individual expense.
- Private vehicles, Danièle canal barge, bicycle, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Cremant de Bourgogne Wine Tour, Rully
- Your Foodie Moment: Vougeot Wine Tasting and Cellar Tour, Vougeot
- Wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks included on board
- 6 nts aboard the Danièle canal barge
- Cycling in the vineyards of Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits
- Wine tours/tastings and cellar visits for Cremant de Bourgogne and Vougeot
- Visits to Saint-Jean-de-Losne and Petit-Ouges
- All transport to/from included activities and between destinations
- Use of bicycles during shore excursions
- Any international flights to/from Dijon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Burgundy River Cruise Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 127 today.
- Save US$ 85+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Burgundy River Cruise Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Burgundy River Cruise Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Burgundy River Cruise Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : MarineSmall-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.