- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the old quarter of Dhaka and see some of the city’s most iconic historic sites, such as the Star Mosque and Armenian Church
- Visit the Sadarghat waterfront — quite possibly the busiest river port you’ve ever seen!
- Explore the bustling local market in the old town and watch the locals go about their daily lives
- Hop aboard a rickshaw and ride on three wheels through the city’s narrow, busy streets
Get your Dhaka 101 on this tour that has it all, from ancient history to modern architecture, Bengali cuisine to Bengali theatre! You’ll explore the old city, the waterfront, and the markets and finish at the lively Sadarghat waterfront. We've combined two of our favourite Dhaka tours for this experience, making for an all-in-one day out in the city.
This Total Dhaka tour will cover all the city sights, from historic landmarks to modern architecture — and we’ll throw in a thrilling ride on a rickshaw too to help you immerse yourself in local life! This is a combo of two of our top Dhaka tours: Old Dhaka Rickshaw Tour and Morning Markets Sightseeing Adventure.
We’ll start off by leading you into the old part of the city, where we’ll explore sites like the Kawran Bazar vegetable market and the Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban (Parliament building) considered to be one of the world’s most significant examples of modern, 20th-century architecture. The stunning building was designed by famed architect Louis Khan and is one of the largest legislative complexes in the world.
From there, we’ll the university of Dhaka , the oldest and still the best educational centre in Bangladesh. We’ll take a wander around the campus, admiring historic gems like Curzon Hall, one of the country’s most exquisite examples of colonial/British fusion architecture.
Then we’ll pass by the Lalbag, a 17th-century Mughal fort that’s said to be a monument to the unfulfilled dreams of a Mughal prince. We’ll also see Dhakeshwari Temple, said to be the most important place of worship for Hindus in all of Bangladesh.
If you’re starting to feel peckish we’ve got just the thing, lunch in our favourite authentic Bangladesh Restaurant or Chinese restaurant.
After feasting on delicious local food, we’ll take the most traditional transport in the city, a rickshaw, and take a ride to old Dhaka to visit the Armenian Church. It is the oldest orthodox church in the region, built in the early 17th century and it will evoke visions of the city’s glorious past.
The Star Mosque is about 5 minutes from the church and is considered the most decorative mosque in town. It’s a beautiful building and a popular tourist attraction. We’ll swing by to check it out and take some photos.
From there, we’ll explore the Shankhari Bazar, one of the oldest areas of the old town and the site of many historic Hindu temples — in fact, while Dhaka is primarily a Muslim city, this district has the highest concentration of Hindus in all of Dhaka
Our last stop will be the Sadarghat waterfront. This bustling port is constantly buzzing with activity, as boats of all sizes ferry passengers and cargo along the Buriganga River. We’ll also pay a visit to Ahsan Manzil, also known as the Pink Palace, which was built in the 1800s as the residential palace of the Nawab family.
Your tour ends here, your guide will organise transport back to your accommodation. Before you go, don’t forget to ask for tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay.
- Lunch in a local Bangla restaurant / Chinese restaurant
- Private air-conditioned transportation throughout the tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mineral water
- entrance fees
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Total Dhaka Tour: Old Dhaka & Culture Vulture tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Total Dhaka Tour: Old Dhaka & Culture Vulture tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Total Dhaka Tour: Old Dhaka & Culture Vulture tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Your hotel lobbyMeeting end point :
Your hotel.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.