- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the Old City of Dhaka as the sun goes down
- Visit stalls selling authentic Bengali dishes like curry and biriyani
- Ride a rickshaw through the city streets and see how lovely the city is when it’s lit up at night
- Stroll around the colourful new market street by night
Dhaka comes alive at night, with locals heading to restaurants, tea stalls and markets to enjoy mouth-watering Bengali cuisine, — and we’re going to join them! We’re exploring local culture and gastronomy on this night tour that shows you what the city is really like after dark!
Your local guide will meet you at your hotel and then whisk you on board local transit to Dhaka University, the centre of education in the city. The campus bears some historical evidence of the Bangladesh liberation war in 1971, which we will point out. We’ll also visit the beautiful Curzon Hall, one of the most stunning examples of British and Mogul architecture, as well as the Language Monument and Sculpture Square.
Next up, we will move to new market area, it’s the oldest market in town and is the liveliest part of Dhaka. From spices to vegetables, footwear to branded fashion for less than $10, the market offers a plethora of delights! This walking tour gives you a unique opportunity to see the real Dhaka after dark — you’ll hang out with locals, see some authentic culture, and enjoy delicious traditional cuisine! You will also enjoy impressive city views of frenetic rickshaw lanes, city traffic and throngs of people from the top of a bridge.
We’ll ride a rickshaw into the old part of the city, a district that’s famous for its fabulous street food. Chapatti, nan, biriyani, and many other dishes are the delicacies you’ll find here, and you’ll be free to browse the stalls and grab any delights that catch your eye and tempt your taste buds!
Your tour ends here but your local guide will be more than happy to help you arrange local private transport or a taxi from the market back to your hotel.
- Local transport
- Local English- speaking guide
- Mineral water
- Small snacks.
- Dinner and other additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Dhaka After Dark tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Dhaka After Dark tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Dhaka After Dark tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
The pick up point will be from your hotel lobby. New Market, Mirpur Rd, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh.Meeting end point :
Your hotelPlease note: Starting January 1, 2019 the ending point will be at New Market (Mirpur Rd, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh) Finish time will be 8pm COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.