- Check out the architectural highlights from the renowned people mover
- Indulge in the Mediterranean tastes of the Greek town district
- Wander through the halls of numerous stunning heritage buildings
From here, jump the notorious Detroit people mover, the elevated train that gets the city’s people to their destinations. The main stop is the famous Greektown, to experience the flavour brought by this migrant population upon arrival in the city. Speaking of flavour, make sure you get yourself some traditional baklava, your guide will know where. Swing by the casino, or check out an old historic church that was a stop on the underground railway, all of which are located right there in Greektown.
Next on your program is a range of significant and unique buildings, starting in the Civic Centre, which is also home to some beautiful sculptures. We’ll wander past the stunning Guardian Building, in all its art-deco glory, before moving on to try the famous Detroit ‘coney dog’ while exploring more architectural elegance. Finally, you ride the people mover back to Broadway, to the end of a long but interesting Detroit walking tour.
- Local english-speaking guide
- Fares for rides on the people mover
- Your choice of a “coney dog” at american or lafayette coney island
- Or a baklava (or pastry of equal price) at a wonderful bakery in greektown.
- Any beverages that you may want to accompany your coney dog or your pastry
- Tips and gratuities for your guide.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
Closure: On a very rare occasion, the People Mover or one of the venues that we usually visit may be unavailable.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.