- Walking tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 2 hours
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse yourself in Denver’s golden age at historic sites including The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa, Union Station, Larimer Square, and more.
- Get to know the stories of famous, lesserknown, and controversial figures who shaped our views of the wild west, including a showman and a sharpshooter, a brave Arapaho leader, and an “Unsinkable” and indomitable activist.
- Spy some of Colorado’s most famous mountain peaks framed by our downtown buildings and get some outoftown recreation ideas from your guide.
- Visit local businesses and discover the best local coffee shops, bars, and restaurants.
Folks have been drawn to Denver for over a century -- find out why on this downtown adventure exploring the Queen City of the Plain’s rich past, glinting with the promise of gold and other “riches” of the Rocky Mountains. Join our team of local guides a mile high up and take in the fascinating stories, beautiful architecture, and modern food-and-drink scene on this orientation tour of Colorado’s capital city.
Your experience begins a mile high at the Colorado State Capitol, the perfect place to start off a tour highlighting the best of Denver. You might have a chance to step inside with your guide to take in the awe-inspiring architectural features of this historic building and learn more about the founding of the Queen City of the Plains.
From here, you’ll venture downtown to the historic Brown Palace Hotel. Built in the 1890s, this impressive building harkens back to turn-of-the-century western elite and pioneers looking for new opportunities amidst the Rockies. You’ll get a chance to marvel at the grand atrium, where taking high tea is still in fashion, as you pass through. Outside, your guide will give you the lowdown of Denver’s more salacious connections to illicit gambling, speakeasies, and the seedy underbelly that once defined the city’s image.
Next, you’ll see the more modern side of Denver, entering LoDo (Lower Downtown). Get your architecture fix as you pass through the popular 16th Street Mall, a picturesque tree-lined avenue that’s home to street food, art, and local musicians. Your guide will help you avoid the tourist traps and find the local hidden gems of Denver’s downtown food, shopping, and nightlife scene.
Continue on towards one of the most historic and photogenic Denver landmarks: Larimer Square. Hear about the founding of the city, and you’ll quickly discover why Denver has attracted people from across the country for more than a century.
Cap off your downtown Denver experience at the hub of historic LoDo, Union Station, restored to its former glory and still the main train station in town. Enjoy people-watching at its finest, as this is one of the most popular gathering places in Denver. Once your tour has ended, you’ll be in the perfect spot to continue exploring the exciting downtown district.
- English-speaking guide.
- Items of a personal nature
- gratuity for the guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Denver History and Highlights tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 September 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Denver History and Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Denver History and Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Colorado Veterans Monument in Lincoln Memorial Park, on the west facing side of Capitol Building, between Lincoln Street and North Broadway - 1449 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203Meeting end point :
A central location in the LoDo neighborhood, close to public transit.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.